YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
So has anything improved with CKGS as we have been waiting to file for OCI. If its improved then I am going to let my parents know to file for OCI and once theirs is done then they can file for me that way we don't have this headache of filing for a visa every so often.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleting and starting a new thread as this is not CKGS specfic.

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Jul 14, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:21 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I need a tourist visa in under two weeks (US citizen). Application will be mailed. Should I go through CKGS, or is there another private company that can get it to me in the desired timeframe?

Last edited by aau; Aug 10, 2015 at 12:39 pm
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
Originally Posted by aau
I need a tourist visa in under two weeks (US citizen). Application will be mailed.Should I go through CKGS, or is there another private company that can get it to me in the desired timeframe?
If you're staying less than 30 days, you should look at the E-visa option. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...ov-2014-a.html
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:38 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
No unfortunately the person who needs this will stay longer than 30 days. Is it a strict requirement that you can only apply at the office in your jurisdiction? I was thinking of having the applicant FedEx her passport to me and I'd apply at the local SF office.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by aau
I need a tourist visa in under two weeks (US citizen). Application will be mailed. Should I go through CKGS, or is there another private company that can get it to me in the desired timeframe?
I don't think you can apply through anyone else. Even if they do take it, they will just send it to CGKS.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:26 am

great experience with CKGS NY.

recently myself and a family member applied for tourist visa & renunciation. the processed docs were returned within 8 calendar days.

ckgs sent several email with updates.

the web & instructions are a bit confusing about a couple of issues but good thing - CKGS answers phones within 5 min and responds to emails generally with 24 hrs.

the only suggestions is: follow all instructions carefully, provide all docs asked for.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
my wife and I applied in person at the San francisco office on September 18th. My wife got her passport and visa back on Septebmer 23. i am still waiting and am getting very nervous. i wish i could physically just pick up my passport from the SF consulate and apply for the 30 day tourist evisa. We leave next Friday. UGH

Last edited by jasonp622; Oct 8, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I don't think you can apply through anyone else. Even if they do take it, they will just send it to CGKS.
Try Travis. It worked great for me

http://india.travisa.com/TVSVisaInstructions.aspx?CountryID=IN&CitizenshipI D=US&ResidenceID=US&TravelerTypeID=BU&PartnerID=TA &GLID=AUS
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
a client of mine applied for his visa at the sfo office a couple of weeks ago....he just received an email which reads:

Your Passport has been Withdrawn successfully, Kindly Collect your passport by Using any (In Person/ Prepaid/ FedEx ) Service.
does anyone have an idea what this means????
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:23 pm

CKGS is horrible !

My company has had _4_ people with lost passports sent to CKGS which they say they never received but which the fedex courier service they require you to use showed delivery.

Calling their 'helpdesk' is pointless every time you will be told 'It will take 24-48 hours for an update' when you respond with 'It has been two weeks!' they will say 'Sorry for the wait sir, just wait 24-48 hours for update.' If you ask to be put through to a supervisor, they will refuse to allow it.

Horrible company, horrible experience.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:16 pm

Great Experience with Cox and Kings.

I sent out my credentials on Tuesday, November 2nd and had my 10 year tourist visa in my hand today at 1 pm
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
My wife and I sent out for visas to India through CKGS Chicago. We're both US-born citizens, her parents are US-born, and my parents were born in India (now naturalized).

My wife's experience: Obnoxiously confusing website, doesn't understand why they ask about religion on there, but she sent hers in on the 2nd of November. Received on the 5th, sent to consulate on the 6th, back to CKGS on the 10th, in her hands on the 12th.

My experience: Sent on 30th October, received on the 2nd. I didn't have the copies of parents' passports (which was my mistake), so they told me to send them. I sent one on the 4th, and they asked for my passport information and order number. I sent that again on the 5th. I called on the 6th and they said they were checking it; I called on the 10th and they said the same thing. I started asking what they're looking for (that was a tactical mistake).

On the 13th, they finally "received" the document, then sent it to the consulate on the 16th. It was returned on the 17th to CKGS, but they waited until the 20th to print the label (I called them twice in the meantime asking when I could expect it) and the 23rd to send it to me (received today).

Overall experience was meh. The wife's was pretty smooth; mine was dicey and I thought about reporting the passport lost/stolen because of the delays.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:48 pm

Any clue what the processing times are in the New York office? My plan is be in India in early March. I'm wondering whether I should get a 10-year visa from Cox & Kings, or just get an e-visa.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: 9W, HH, Taj, Air India
Not too sure about the processing times now, but usually takes about 1 week. You have enough time to apply for a 10 year visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.