FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1511193-mumbai-csia-bom-connection-departure-experience-reports.html)

knit-in Jun 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Arriving from an international flight at BOM at 1:30am. Only carry-on luggage. What are the chances of making the 3 am 9W flight from BOM-DEL?

Again no checked luggage. Arriving Business class, if that matters. Separate PNRs

Thanks much!

flyalways Jun 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in (Post 28478909)
Arriving from an international flight at BOM at 1:30am. Only carry-on luggage. What are the chances of making the 3 am 9W flight from BOM-DEL?

Again no checked luggage. Arriving Business class, if that matters. Separate PNRs

Thanks much!

It all depends on two things..
- Landing slot congestion delaying your landing
- Immigration line @ BOM for Business class

Many times you keep circling for 30-45 minutes delaying the landing.
Last time it took me 20 minutes in the business class immigration line
because many flights landed around that time..

I would book next BOM-DEL domestic flight and see if they will
allow you to standby on this one if you make it...

F.A.

knit-in Jun 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyalways (Post 28479247)
It all depends on two things..
- Landing slot congestion delaying your landing
- Immigration line @ BOM for Business class

Many times you keep circling for 30-45 minutes delaying the landing.
Last time it took me 20 minutes in the business class immigration line
because many flights landed around that time..

I would book next BOM-DEL domestic flight and see if they will
allow you to standby on this one if you make it...

F.A.

I hear you. BOM airspace must be pretty busy that time of the night.

I usually fly into DEL, and somehow I am amongst the first to hit the immigration lines. Then again, usually I arrive around 11pm-midnight, possibly beating the early a.m. rush hour.

oliver2002 Jun 24, 2017 12:23 am

Easy with handluggage. I would do it.

Keyser Jun 24, 2017 5:51 am

Originally Posted by knit-in (Post 28478909)

Thanks much!

when is your flight????

i'm typing this from the lounge is cairo....landing at 1:30am tonight but taking the 6am 9w flight....didn't want to risk missing the 3am connection....

Keyser Jun 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 28480589)
Easy with handluggage. I would do it.

based on my experience from earlier today, i'm glad i didn't book the 3am 9w flight....

my international flight landed half hour late & by the time we taxied to the gate it was 2:15am....getting to immigration & crossing it took another 20 minutes & by the time i was at the transfer desk it was past 2:45am....no way i could have made the 3am flight....

transfer was a breeze though & i was in the lounge around 3am....

knit-in Jun 27, 2017 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 28481068)
when is your flight????

i'm typing this from the lounge is cairo....landing at 1:30am tonight but taking the 6am 9w flight....didn't want to risk missing the 3am connection....

Well, that is the exact flight I am on! :) Arriving BOM Aug 6.

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 28483247)
based on my experience from earlier today, i'm glad i didn't book the 3am 9w flight....

my international flight landed half hour late & by the time we taxied to the gate it was 2:15am....getting to immigration & crossing it took another 20 minutes & by the time i was at the transfer desk it was past 2:45am....no way i could have made the 3am flight....

transfer was a breeze though & i was in the lounge around 3am....

Did the flight leave CAI late or was it air space congestion in BOM?

Which lounge did you use? Is there an arrivals lounge for J passengers? I must say, after the GVK lounge at departure, I have been completely ruined for other lounges. I imagine I have only Priority Pass lounges in my future at BOM while I wait for my DEL flight.

oliver2002 Jun 27, 2017 8:30 am

The lounges on the domestic side are also pretty nice, the PP lounge was pretty good too.

knit-in Jun 27, 2017 9:16 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 28491571)
The lounges on the domestic side are also pretty nice, the PP lounge was pretty good too.

Thanks. And they're open through the night on the domestic side as well?

oliver2002 Jun 27, 2017 10:56 am

Yep, 24/7.

Keyser Jun 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in (Post 28491349)
Well, that is the exact flight I am on! :) Arriving BOM Aug 6.

Did the flight leave CAI late or was it air space congestion in BOM?

a little of both....it left about 30 minutes late & traffic congestion delayed us by another 30 minutes....in total we landed 30 minutes late in the end....

Originally Posted by knit-in (Post 28491349)
Which lounge did you use? Is there an arrivals lounge for J passengers? I must say, after the GVK lounge at departure, I have been completely ruined for other lounges. I imagine I have only Priority Pass lounges in my future at BOM while I wait for my DEL flight.

the domestic lounge was pretty nice....we used that from 3am - 5:30am....never checked if there was an arrivals lounge.....

desi Jul 2, 2017 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 28483247)
i was at the transfer desk it was past 2:45am...

This is transfer desk for 9W, correct?

is this the one located on LEFT after customs?

(Trying to eliminate confusion from last month's posts)

Keyser Jul 3, 2017 4:35 am

Originally Posted by desi (Post 28511923)
This is transfer desk for 9W, correct?

is this the one located on LEFT after customs?

(Trying to eliminate confusion from last month's posts)

left after customs....

CCU_Flyer Jul 3, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi, Just wanted an update, I will be arriving on TK and am looking to connect on a separate flight to CCU. From TK history it seems it gets delayed often and safe to assume it would land sometime after 5 AM. I would have about 40 kgs luggage other than hand luggage. Trevelling business if it matters, but connecting on economy.

My flight options are

9W 615 - Departing 7:05
9W 629 - Departing 8:15

6E 6749 - Departing 7:40

I see jet charges arount 9k extra for luggage while the same is 1.5k in indigo, however the same is in a different terminal.

Do I have enough time to get luggage and go to the different terminal?
Is there a indigo transfer counter where I can check-in at the international terminal?
How much time will I take in general to pass immigration, collect baggage?

Cheers

skywardhunter Jul 4, 2017 3:23 am

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer (Post 28516932)
Hi, Just wanted an update, I will be arriving on TK and am looking to connect on a separate flight to CCU. From TK history it seems it gets delayed often and safe to assume it would land sometime after 5 AM. I would have about 40 kgs luggage other than hand luggage. Trevelling business if it matters, but connecting on economy.

My flight options are

9W 615 - Departing 7:05
9W 629 - Departing 8:15

6E 6749 - Departing 7:40

I see jet charges arount 9k extra for luggage while the same is 1.5k in indigo, however the same is in a different terminal.

Do I have enough time to get luggage and go to the different terminal?
Is there a indigo transfer counter where I can check-in at the international terminal?
How much time will I take in general to pass immigration, collect baggage?

Cheers

Regardless of which airline you choose you will need to collect your baggage and clear customs. For Jet Airways you can then re-check your bag after customs to the left, for Indigo I think you do need to travel to T1 with your luggage, but not sure of this. The transit to T1 is a pain and you will likely need to get a cab or something which they will charge you around Rs150-Rs200 for. It's ridiculous and annoying and for this reason I'd pick 9W if possible (you also get a meal onboard which you don't on Indigo).

Have you looked at paying for J on 9W? Then your free baggage allowance would be 30kg vs 15kg in Y, the cost of the additional fare might be less than the cost of the excess baggage travelling in Y.