Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Has anybody from India applied for a canadian visitor visa online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anybody from India applied for a canadian visitor visa online?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
VFS' call center claims 15 days for a TRV (visitor visa) but that's probably just marketing.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

I'll be damned. Got this just today -

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Maybe they know you from previous visits?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Nope. Just read online that they're entering arbitration with the ministry and the strike is winding down.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by hserus
I'll be damned. Got this just today. This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
How long did it take you to get that?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:24 am
Original Poster

like 4 days. I have submitted my passport along with a copy of that letter to vfs and they'll send it over for stamping - which apparently takes another week to ten days.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:06 pm

like 4 days. I have submitted my passport along with a copy of that letter to vfs and they'll send it over for stamping - which apparently takes another week to ten days.
Wow. Let me know how that goes. I need to apply for one myself soon and if the online processing works well, I will use that.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Not a visitor visa, and not from India (and a very long time ago) but it took about a month to get an investor (PR) visa (for my father. After that, getting my own was fairly quick as I was his dependent.)
(not that I can comment any further as I am a Canadian citizen now and won't apply for any more Canadian visas, unless my other nationality decides it won't permit dual citizenship.)
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

@B747-437B - sure will. the thing about online applications is that it is apparently not just processed in their call center (missisauga), it is transferred to whichever mission in the world has spare capacity available for processing visas, far easier than fedexing mailbags full of passports and paper visa applications between canadian missions in different countries. It was sure a major pain to scan 5 passports worth of visas, and then paste the images into word, save as a "minimum size" PDF so that it'd meet their 4 MB per file limit.

@AA_EXP09 - Yeah, I guess some sorts of visa take far longer than others to process. Still a month is blazing fast for that kind of visa.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
@B747-437B - sure will. the thing about online applications is that it is apparently not just processed in their call center (missisauga), it is transferred to whichever mission in the world has spare capacity available for processing visas, far easier than fedexing mailbags full of passports and paper visa applications between canadian missions in different countries. It was sure a major pain to scan 5 passports worth of visas, and then paste the images into word, save as a "minimum size" PDF so that it'd meet their 4 MB per file limit.

@AA_EXP09 - Yeah, I guess some sorts of visa take far longer than others to process. Still a month is blazing fast for that kind of visa.
Agreed.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:13 am

It was sure a major pain to scan 5 passports worth of visas, and then paste the images into word, save as a "minimum size" PDF so that it'd meet their 4 MB per file limit.
That could be a challenge. I have all my old passports fully scanned, but they come up to well over 100 MB for the 400+ pages involved.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:58 am
Original Poster

They only want travel history for the past 10 years (uploaded under "travel history", and your current passport with all valid visas (uploaded under "passport"). I have only been traveling for like 11 years, so just scanned all 5.

5 passports came to just over 2 MB actually if you use word and then save it as a minimum size pdf
Old Jul 29, 2013, 6:32 am
Original Poster

@B747-437B - just got this sms. "Processed visa application for canada, ref no xxx couriered to you via Blue Dart on 29/7/2013"
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:15 am

They only want travel history for the past 10 years (uploaded under "travel history", and your current passport with all valid visas (uploaded under "passport"). I have only been traveling for like 11 years, so just scanned all 5. 5 passports came to just over 2 MB actually if you use word and then save it as a minimum size pdf
I have 867 border crossings (including 28 entries to Canada) in the last 10 years, so my travel history can get a bit lengthy!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I have 867 border crossings (including 28 entries to Canada) in the last 10 years, so my travel history can get a bit lengthy!
If I take into account crossings which don't have a stamp (Japan with automated gates, HK with HKID, Canada, and USA with NEXUS) then I have probably lost count unless I want to take a look at my (very long) spreadsheet which I only use to verify mileage for personal purposes, and days outside Canada for tax purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.