Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Has anybody from India applied for a canadian visitor visa online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver

They seem to offer this - but don't specify what next, do I just mail in my passport to the canadian high commission in delhi for stamping?

There's a canadian foreign service strike going on so that applications on paper (such as through VFS) seem to be taking days on end. I read that online apps are going through much faster. Even spent ages scanning in 5 passports worth of entry and exit stamps, visas etc and uploading them + other documents onto the My CIC website.

I still haven't submitted yet .. because I came across one of those know it all "immigration forum" (immihelp type rubbish) where some guy claims this is only for people already in canada to submit fresh TRVs. What I read on my cic seems to suggest otherwise, but easier to ask first than regret it later.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
haven't done this myself but my ta applies for all my visas, whether online or in person....i can pass along his number to you if you want....
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:05 am
Original Poster

hi keyser, could you please ask him directly and post here? thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hserus
hi keyser, could you please ask him directly and post here? thanks!
no problem....will get back to you on monday....
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Hi - found something on this? Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my visa guy is only available after 5pm since he is at various embassies during the day....will talk to him this evening & update....
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:13 am
Original Poster

The canadian high commission for india website does say you can apply either online, or on paper (in person at the high commission or through vfs)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...mande-vrt.aspx
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

according to my visa guy the online applications also go through vfs so it will take the same amount of time....
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:02 am
Original Poster

VFS says they'll take around 15 days. So .. well, ok thanks. I was afraid I'd get asked to fedex my passport to ottawa or wherever.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
according to my visa guy the online applications also go through vfs so it will take the same amount of time....
He is mixing up the online application (which is processed in Canada) with the online form submission (which you then print and submit to VFS). These are two different things.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Ah hell. I submitted it online .. I guess contacting the Canadian high commission is my only option now,
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B747-437B
He is mixing up the online application (which is processed in Canada) with the online form submission (which you then print and submit to VFS). These are two different things.
you are right....i spoke to him again this morning & he confirmed that....
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:45 am
Original Poster

If the online app is processed in canada the turnaround time is all of two months Does your agent suggest any workaround - say leave that app alone and just proceed to apply normally via vfs?

I've emailed the canadian high commission yesterday, no response so far.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:27 am

If the online app is processed in canada the turnaround time is all of two months Does your agent suggest any workaround - say leave that app alone and just proceed to apply normally via vfs?
Two months if you are lucky. The only person I know who tried to apply online has been waiting since February for the process to be completed. He was also told that once you submit online, you cannot submit another application to a visa post until the online application is adjudicated. So a bit of a catch-22 there.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've emailed the canadian high commission yesterday, no response so far.
he says the processing time is about 5 weeks at the moment if applied through vfs....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.