Where to stay in Pune?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay in Pune?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I've been told that my meeting will be in the Vishrantwadi/Kalas area. but I don't know the city at all, so don't know what is a reasonable distance away. My colleagues are interested in staying at the JW, but from looking at the map, it seems to me it might be a bit far, and the HR or Westin might be a more comfortable distance. I'll be driving to/from Mumbai, so proximity to the airport isn't a necessity.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by whimsey21
I've been told that my meeting will be in the Vishrantwadi/Kalas area..
In your case, I'd go for Hyatt Regency or Hyatt Pune over Westin. Both are closer to your area and have substantially better properties. I've been to all three, and I'd rank Hyatt Regency, then Hyatt and then Westin.
There's a new Novotel in the same area. Haven't stayed there but had a dinner once. Not too shabby.

Originally Posted by whimsey21
I'll be driving to/from Mumbai, so proximity to the airport isn't a necessity.
Though Vishrantwadi area is ironically closest to Airport.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:09 am

JW Marriott is the ONLY place I stay in Pune. In fact, I am here now!

I used to stay exclusively at Hilton properties (was a Hilton Diamond for years) , but this hotel made me switch to Marriott for all my stays going forward. Love this place!

Rooms are clean, service is friendly, the onsite coffee shop is fantastic (try the PB-chino), and the breakfast is amazing. If you are staying for more than 8 days, look of the 'long-stay' rate where you get free breakfast, a tour of Pune, airport transfers, a room discount, etc.

Ha, I sound like a commercial!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.