Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Which terminal does AI 126 depart from?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Milage Plus, Sky Team

I have an AA flight from ORD to DEL. Then AI from DEL to HYD. Does the DEL to HYD flight depart from International terminal or domestic?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Storm9
I have an AA flight from ORD to DEL. Then AI from DEL to HYD. Does the DEL to HYD flight depart from International terminal or domestic?
International.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Air India flights beginning with AI use International Terminal, those beginning with IC use Domestic Terminal.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aktchi
Air India flights beginning with AI use International Terminal, those beginning with IC use Domestic Terminal.
So ok, how does that work? I get off the AA flight do I have to exit the terminal and re-enter and go through security etc?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:34 pm

So ok, how does that work? I get off the AA flight do I have to exit the terminal and re-enter and go through security etc?
Yes. You have to clear immigrations and customs.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:59 am

Programs: EY Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Buttwiser
Yes. You have to clear immigrations and customs.
THis is very interesting.. Are you sure you cant just transfer through? It sounds absolutely absurd if your flying into and out of the same airport on the same carrier and yet you have to go through immigration/customs etc
Old Apr 20, 2009, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by rahularora1
It sounds absolutely absurd if your flying into and out of the same airport on the same carrier and yet you have to go through immigration/customs etc
He's not on the same carrier. He's connecting AA->AI.

If he were connecting AI->AI then his bags would be checked through to HYD and he could clear immigration and customs in HYD.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:54 am

Programs: EY Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by B747-437B

If he were connecting AI->AI then his bags would be checked through to HYD and he could clear immigration and customs in HYD.
Woops sorry misread that!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

That's interesting...how do they differentiate customers who have gone through customs and who have not?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 3:53 am

That's interesting...how do they differentiate customers who have gone through customs and who have not?
All passengers pass through customs (including those on purely domestic itineraries). However, those on domestic itineraries are not subject to any restrictions as to what they can carry - but must declare any dutiable goods prior to departure. This actually works pretty well in practice and other countries (eg. Australia) have similar setups.
Old May 4, 2009, 5:39 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club

Is this correct (for same carrier connection), and also applicable for BOM? Anyone done this before? Wouldn't want luggage stranded in DEL/BOM...
Old May 5, 2009, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Is this correct (for same carrier connection), and also applicable for BOM? Anyone done this before? Wouldn't want luggage stranded in DEL/BOM...
Neither would I, mate, neither would I. If the luggage gets stranded, personal past experience tells me that it's coming devoid of any electronics in it.

But in this case, I have done it several times before, and AI seems to be good at checking bags through.
Old May 5, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by ayeleswarapu
Neither would I, mate, neither would I. If the luggage gets stranded, personal past experience tells me that it's coming devoid of any electronics in it.

But in this case, I have done it several times before, and AI seems to be good at checking bags through.
Thanks! This saves me a lot of potential trouble at midnight in BOM.
Old May 5, 2009, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Thanks! This saves me a lot of potential trouble at midnight in BOM.
I was thinking about it, and remembered that 9W has also done it perfectly each time.

AY
Old May 18, 2009, 8:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
AA to AI, DEL to HYD

Storm 9:

I have an upcoming trip from ORD to DEL on AA and planning to take the AI from DEL to HYD. Your post and the responses answered some of my questions.

I have been calling AI in vain for the last couple of days to get answers to these questions. No one answers the phone at AI.

Did you purchase the ticket on AI website? Did you pay in Rupees or $$ ?
Did you already complete the travel? Is it a E-Ticket?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.