Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Which terminal does AI 126 depart from?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which terminal does AI 126 depart from?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Milage Plus, Sky Team
Originally Posted by lankalkn
Storm 9:

I have an upcoming trip from ORD to DEL on AA and planning to take the AI from DEL to HYD. Your post and the responses answered some of my questions.

I have been calling AI in vain for the last couple of days to get answers to these questions. No one answers the phone at AI.

Did you purchase the ticket on AI website? Did you pay in Rupees or $$ ?
Did you already complete the travel? Is it a E-Ticket?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately I did not book the AI flight, instead opting for the 6am Jet Airways flight. As I too was afraid about how the AI booking worked, among other things such as going through immigrations again at DEL and then HYD.
Also I did not want to incontinence my family at such an odd hour arrival.
Old May 19, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by lankalkn
Storm 9:

I have an upcoming trip from ORD to DEL on AA and planning to take the AI from DEL to HYD. Your post and the responses answered some of my questions.

I have been calling AI in vain for the last couple of days to get answers to these questions. No one answers the phone at AI.

Did you purchase the ticket on AI website? Did you pay in Rupees or $$ ?
Did you already complete the travel? Is it a E-Ticket?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah, none of the AI numbers (US-based) ever seem to work. I'm doing a similar connection in BOM in June (LHR-BOM-HYD on AI 140 ==> AI 130). All AI coded flights depart from the Intl terminal at BOM/DEL, but someone mentioned that you might have to go through immigration/customs if you are switching carriers. I've not done this before so I don't know if that is correct. I would imagine that, if your connection departs from the Intl Terminal, your bags would be checked through, but I could be wrong.

I don't really know if it is a huge deal, going through customs in BOM/DEL vs. HYD. I've never gone through customs at HYD (not when entering India anyway ). I expect similar treatment at any of the airports. The convenience is not having to travel to the Domestic airport with bags in tow.

I purchased via airindia.co.in and it was charged in GBP to my CC. If you book just the DEL-HYD segment, it will be charged in INR. It is an e-ticket, OLCI is allowed.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Milage Plus, Sky Team
Do you guys know what happens in Frankfurt? Are you allowed to leave the airplane or do you have sit in your seat? And also how easy is it to request upgrade during check in and can I use UA miles to upgrade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.