Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Predictions for the end of Kingfisher Airlines!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Predictions for the end of Kingfisher Airlines!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
14 June 2012
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:17 am

my prediction

Going by the events over the last two days (the wide body repo, the curtailing of the flight schedule, pilot ultimatums, and SBI's firm negative on fresh monetary infusion), it seems that the end is close than most of us would've thought.

For what a rookie's prediction is worth, I say IT will cease to be a scheduled airline, or atleast anywhere near its current corporate size or shape, by the end of this month. March 31, 2012 i say...

I can easily visualize a few tattered IT aircraft sitting out in the elements at small airports... and Mr. VJM giving out periodic statements that they've "chosen" to "temporarily" stop their operations while they plan to come back bigger and better than ever before
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zenith2010
Going by the events over the last two days (the wide body repo, the curtailing of the flight schedule, pilot ultimatums, and SBI's firm negative on fresh monetary infusion), it seems that the end is close than most of us would've thought.

For what a rookie's prediction is worth, I say IT will cease to be a scheduled airline, or atleast anywhere near its current corporate size or shape, by the end of this month. March 31, 2012 i say...
Are you allowed? Hyderago already chose the 31st...
Originally Posted by zenith2010
I can easily visualize a few tattered IT aircraft sitting out in the elements at small airports... and Mr. VJM giving out periodic statements that they've "chosen" to "temporarily" stop their operations while they plan to come back bigger and better than ever before
lol. Great mental picture. That probably is how Kingfisher's end will indeed be
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:05 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
29 April 2012
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Are you allowed? Hyderago already chose the 31st...
I'll allow zenith2010 to also choose 31/3 under the condition that if we win, only I get bragging rights since I was first (I'd rather be a winner than a gentleman).
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by hyderago
I'll allow zenith2010 to also choose 31/3 under the condition that if we win, only I get bragging rights since I was first (I'd rather be a winner than a gentleman).
lol. Appreciate your offer hyderago, but I think I'll pass on it. I believe IT's demise is going to be sooner rather than later, so let me move my prediction by a day.. so March 30, 2012 it is!

Should've paid closer attention to the first post - my bad!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Damn. Looks like I got it wrong...
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
This thread is fun, i will go with sometime next week so 24th Mar
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus: Premier Silver
Mallya says that their will be a turnaround plan in a few days. The airline might be closed by then.
http://www.travelbizmonitor.com/king...y-mallya-15938
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rurouni212
Mallya says that their will be a turnaround plan in a few days. The airline might be closed by then.
http://www.travelbizmonitor.com/king...y-mallya-15938
he said 2-3 days 3 days ago so i guess we should be hearing something soon....
Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus: Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
lol, missed that. Is kingfisher saved yet?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rurouni212
lol, missed that. Is kingfisher saved yet?
soon....very soon....
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
Did't he say that a couple of weeks back too.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lallyr
Did't he say that a couple of weeks back too.
sure he did....
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I actually flew a GOI-BLR ATR on Saturday and the flight operated smoothly. If they scale back and resize they might just be able to make ends meet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.