Jet first suites

Old Feb 23, 08, 1:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Jet first suites

for those of you who are envious or want a chance to experience the suites, maybe a look at the competitor, Jet airways might be encouraging.

http://www.flatseats.com/Gallery/Jet-2.htm
Old Feb 23, 08, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

9W doesnt have any cheaper routes than SQ do they..?

IIRC cheapest EK is AKL-SYD ($2K)

SQ SIN-HKG will be cheaper than SIN-SYD ($4.2K IIRC)
Old Feb 24, 08, 3:12 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
9W doesnt have any cheaper routes than SQ do they..?
Posted biz products..sorry
Old Feb 24, 08, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mispost? i was responding to icarius. 9W has suite F and flatbed J.
Old Feb 24, 08, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat

mispost? i was responding to icarius. 9W has suite F and flatbed J.
Ok, if we are not talking about only F, then 9w has *flat* J in BOM-SIN-BOM & DEL-SIN-DEL, which SQ is trying to get implemented, in order to compete...

I gather 9w flights in J would be cheaper than SQ, for sure, but even more so if you get a corporate/other deals that I think are available, and which I would appreciate info on, so I can fly 9w to SIN...
Old Feb 24, 08, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

icarius seemed to be suggesting 9W F suite would be cheaper than SQ. but its more expensive than both SQ and EK, because they dont have short routes right now. EK is the cheapest.
Old Feb 24, 08, 9:07 pm

icarius seemed to be suggesting 9W F suite would be cheaper than SQ. but its more expensive than both SQ and EK, because they dont have short routes right now. EK is the cheapest.
Then you are comparing apples to oranges - neither has the exact same sector with an F config...

Explain your calculations if you are doing the math...
Old Feb 25, 08, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Then you are comparing apples to oranges - neither has the exact same sector with an F config...

Explain your calculations if you are doing the math...
From how I understand it, the initial question concerned the best way to get real experience with Jet Airways First Suites.

What is the cheapest Jet Airways First Class ticket?

Emirates A340-500 Suites are deployed on a rather short hop.
Old Feb 25, 08, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
This has gotten a bit too off topic for the SQ forum. Moving to Airlines of India forum.

Kiwi Flyer
SQ moderator
Old Feb 26, 08, 11:53 pm

Programs: SQ KF
In a recent conversation with one of SQ's marketing people, I asked if Jet Airways is perceived as a threat in terms of inflight product and I was told rather confidently that SQ is not competing in the low cost segment
Old Feb 27, 08, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by tshep View Post
In a recent conversation with one of SQ's marketing people, I asked if Jet Airways is perceived as a threat in terms of inflight product and I was told rather confidently that SQ is not competing in the low cost segment
Let them lie in their complacency....they will wake up with a tiger at their doorstep soon!

(Obviously they haven't noticed lie-flat J flying in every day on a "low-cost carrier" from at least 2 Indian cities...)
Old Feb 27, 08, 12:15 am

Programs: SQ KF
Yeah..I didn't see the need to belabor the point since the answer was quoted from "management's point of view"
Old Feb 27, 08, 7:44 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by tshep View Post
Yeah..I didn't see the need to belabor the point since the answer was quoted from "management's point of view"
You want to belabor it a bit more .. SQ from India - with their usual old C - flies into T2 - which was nice but is getting a bit old and tired. All the SQ flights to "nice" destinations - the USA, Japan etc - depart from Changi T3.

9W (and QR, yet another very good but independent airline) will be operating from Changi T3 starting from the next month or so.
Old Feb 28, 08, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, RC PLAT PREM
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You want to belabor it a bit more .. SQ from India - with their usual old C - flies into T2 - which was nice but is getting a bit old and tired. All the SQ flights to "nice" destinations - the USA, Japan etc - depart from Changi T3.

9W (and QR, yet another very good but independent airline) will be operating from Changi T3 starting from the next month or so.
and you are forgetting their old F product also..did it twice in Dec and was expecting skysuites, but got their old F product into and out of Singapore.

If SQ thinks that hey are competing with a low cost carrier, they need to remove their blinders !! I think thet 9W and IT can take them on on anyday and possibly come out on top !!
Old Feb 29, 08, 3:54 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anaggie View Post
and you are forgetting their old F product also..did it twice in Dec and was expecting skysuites, but got their old F product into and out of Singapore.
Why were you expecting SkySuites? The 744s don't fly the India routes anymore.

Search this Thread