FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Jet first suites (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/794584-jet-first-suites.html)

icarius Feb 23, 2008 12:57 am

Jet first suites

for those of you who are envious or want a chance to experience the suites, maybe a look at the competitor, Jet airways might be encouraging.

http://www.flatseats.com/Gallery/Jet-2.htm

Kagehitokiri Feb 23, 2008 1:24 am

9W doesnt have any cheaper routes than SQ do they..?

IIRC cheapest EK is AKL-SYD ($2K)

SQ SIN-HKG will be cheaper than SIN-SYD ($4.2K IIRC)

SuperFlyBoy Feb 24, 2008 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 9299758)
9W doesnt have any cheaper routes than SQ do they..?

Posted biz products..sorry

Kagehitokiri Feb 24, 2008 10:40 am

:confused:

mispost? i was responding to icarius. 9W has suite F and flatbed J.

SuperFlyBoy Feb 24, 2008 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 9305568)
:confused:

mispost? i was responding to icarius. 9W has suite F and flatbed J.

Ok, if we are not talking about only F, then 9w has *flat* J in BOM-SIN-BOM & DEL-SIN-DEL, which SQ is trying to get implemented, in order to compete...

I gather 9w flights in J would be cheaper than SQ, for sure, but even more so if you get a corporate/other deals that I think are available, and which I would appreciate info on, so I can fly 9w to SIN...

Kagehitokiri Feb 24, 2008 3:07 pm

icarius seemed to be suggesting 9W F suite would be cheaper than SQ. but its more expensive than both SQ and EK, because they dont have short routes right now. EK is the cheapest.

SuperFlyBoy Feb 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 9306736)
icarius seemed to be suggesting 9W F suite would be cheaper than SQ. but its more expensive than both SQ and EK, because they dont have short routes right now. EK is the cheapest.

Then you are comparing apples to oranges - neither has the exact same sector with an F config...

Explain your calculations if you are doing the math...

chornedsnorkack Feb 25, 2008 2:41 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 9307920)
Then you are comparing apples to oranges - neither has the exact same sector with an F config...

Explain your calculations if you are doing the math...

From how I understand it, the initial question concerned the best way to get real experience with Jet Airways First Suites.

What is the cheapest Jet Airways First Class ticket?

Emirates A340-500 Suites are deployed on a rather short hop.

Kiwi Flyer Feb 25, 2008 11:43 am

This has gotten a bit too off topic for the SQ forum. Moving to Airlines of India forum.

Kiwi Flyer
SQ moderator

tshep Feb 26, 2008 10:53 pm

In a recent conversation with one of SQ's marketing people, I asked if Jet Airways is perceived as a threat in terms of inflight product and I was told rather confidently that SQ is not competing in the low cost segment :rolleyes:

SuperFlyBoy Feb 26, 2008 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by tshep (Post 9321423)
In a recent conversation with one of SQ's marketing people, I asked if Jet Airways is perceived as a threat in terms of inflight product and I was told rather confidently that SQ is not competing in the low cost segment :rolleyes:

Let them lie in their complacency....they will wake up with a tiger at their doorstep soon! :p ;)

(Obviously they haven't noticed lie-flat J flying in every day on a "low-cost carrier" from at least 2 Indian cities...)

tshep Feb 26, 2008 11:15 pm

Yeah..I didn't see the need to belabor the point since the answer was quoted from "management's point of view"

hserus Feb 27, 2008 6:44 am

Originally Posted by tshep (Post 9321481)
Yeah..I didn't see the need to belabor the point since the answer was quoted from "management's point of view"

You want to belabor it a bit more .. SQ from India - with their usual old C - flies into T2 - which was nice but is getting a bit old and tired. All the SQ flights to "nice" destinations - the USA, Japan etc - depart from Changi T3.

9W (and QR, yet another very good but independent airline) will be operating from Changi T3 starting from the next month or so.

anaggie Feb 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 9322591)
You want to belabor it a bit more .. SQ from India - with their usual old C - flies into T2 - which was nice but is getting a bit old and tired. All the SQ flights to "nice" destinations - the USA, Japan etc - depart from Changi T3.

9W (and QR, yet another very good but independent airline) will be operating from Changi T3 starting from the next month or so.

and you are forgetting their old F product also..did it twice in Dec and was expecting skysuites, but got their old F product into and out of Singapore.

If SQ thinks that hey are competing with a low cost carrier, they need to remove their blinders !! I think thet 9W and IT can take them on on anyday and possibly come out on top !!

Savage25 Feb 29, 2008 2:54 am

Originally Posted by anaggie (Post 9332388)
and you are forgetting their old F product also..did it twice in Dec and was expecting skysuites, but got their old F product into and out of Singapore.

Why were you expecting SkySuites? The 744s don't fly the India routes anymore. :confused: