Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI 173 to SFO diverts to Magadan (GDX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI 173 to SFO diverts to Magadan (GDX)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hyho61
Compared to the experiences that Indians (Indian citizens with no Schengen visas) in Schengen countries whenever there was an overnight stop required due to delays, the Russian experience appears to have been better. Considering that Magadan is an isolated town in Siberia, AI and Russian authorities have handled this quite well.
I agree. This was handled quite well.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by mlbcard
Glad this worked out without too much of a pain. I would go out of my way to avoid flying over war zones and I’d hesitate flying over countries where I, as a US citizen, could potentially have trouble were there to be an emergency landing. Russia is easily one of them.
While I get the whole sentiment about being US citizen, you have to see this from the "hostile" countries' perspective, and in reality if you aren't famous and don't have a particular "look", those country are just going to associate you with your ethnic background (no matter what your passport says). This stands true for Russia, Middle East, China, etc, they aren't going to use you as a bargaining chip and class you as a spy, threat to their country, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.