Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India moves from Sita PSS to Amadeus on May 24, 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India moves from Sita PSS to Amadeus on May 24, 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2023, 3:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Just made a booking and could not enter my UA FF# during the booking process.
You'll need to do it at check-in. Been an issue with AI for so long!
Old May 18, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm not sure if it's related to this switch or something else - I'm now able to see AI flights on Capital One Travel(to use Venture X credit in US) - In march, when I tried, no AI flights were bookable via them and call center mentioned they don't sell AI tickets.
Old May 18, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Acid
I'm not sure if it's related to this switch or something else - I'm now able to see AI flights on Capital One Travel(to use Venture X credit in US) - In march, when I tried, no AI flights were bookable via them and call center mentioned they don't sell AI tickets.
They changed platforms over a year ago. It's probably something else or Capital One is just expanding its partner list.
Old May 19, 2023, 1:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ask which GDS Capital One Travel is using... AI doesn't distribute to all, they only recently settled with Sabre: https://www.sabre.com/locations/apac...ses/air-india/

It could have been Capital One used Sabre?
Old May 19, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ask which GDS Capital One Travel is using... AI doesn't distribute to all, they only recently settled with Sabre: https://www.sabre.com/locations/apac...ses/air-india/

It could have been Capital One used Sabre?
Cap One Travel is powered by Hopper - which uses multiple GDS. In this case, hopper was selling AI tickets directly on their app (and I bought through them as it was ~$30 cheaper than on AI website or any Indian/other OTA - this was for a BOM-SIN ticket). For whatever reason, Cap One was not selling any AI tickets - domestic or international.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 1:59 pm

Air India website is unable to book tickets to any city in US other than its five destinations (SFO,ORD,NYC,IAD and EWR.) Don't know what is happening to the understanding with United Airlines as both are Star Alliance members. And United Airlines which used to issue tickets to many Indian cities with Air India segments earlier has totally stopped showing Air India in their bookings.
It is high time Air India top management takes up the matter with United Air lines and resolve the issue immediately.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sadly the website is unable to dispaly the many feeder agreements that AI has and publishes fares for. For example their new AMS and resumed VIE-DEL service has promo fares filed that allow for feeders operated by LH/OS flight numbers. FCO has fares with ITA/AZ, CFG with AF. But the website won't show it and you have to use TA/OTAs to book.

United has agreements with AI to feed to ORD/SFO. An example:

Code:
06JUL23**06JUL23/AI IAHCCU/NSP;AT/TPM ...../MPM 12223
LN FARE BASIS OW USD RT B PEN DATES/DAYS AP MIN MAX R
38+ZLRTORDH 5820 Z + S18JUN 24NOV+ - 3+ 6M R
ADDON AI1027 SPECIFIED AI1024 ADDON AI1024 EFF10APR23
1 * IAH-UA-CHI-AI-HYD-AI/UK-CCU
It would be great if someone removed the 'show AI flight numbers only' flag in the back end. 🤷‍♂️
Old Aug 11, 2023, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Plat, Mil Miler, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, National Exec. Elite, Hertz Prez Circle
Forget the logo and livery changes...how about their website? It definitely needs a thorough professional makeover.

Let's talk about the basics: how about a website that is consistently up? Right now, the website is completely down. check it out....really pathetic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.