Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI Lounge in Delhi (International) open?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI Lounge in Delhi (International) open?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
AI domestic is open. I'm not sure their "full service" has returned. They had extremely limited service a few months ago (and that's compared to the fairly limited service they provided before). And in that light Premium Plaza is always better - however you need a PP for access of course. But the Premium Plaza lounge is getting super crowded these days since that's the only lounge that's operational in the domestic section.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I have a PP too. We'll see.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You will have to do a landside transit. I'm not sure they'll let you back in airside less than 4 hours before check-in. There is a Premium Plaza arrivals lounge and a Premium Plaza domestic departures lounge - both of which accept PP that you could look at. Both lounges will have a time limit but I doubt that they're strongly enforced.
Per their website the arrival lounge is closed for international passengers - I'm guessing it has something to do with the new testing/quarantine requirements for international arrivals.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:54 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by superboi
Per their website the arrival lounge is closed for international passengers - I'm guessing it has something to do with the new testing/quarantine requirements for international arrivals.
That's interesting! I guess then it's AI or Premium Plaza departure lounge 4 hours before departure for OP only.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: Alaska-MVP100k; AA-Plat; HH-Diamond; Hertz Pres
Thanks for the replies. Will report my experience in ~3 weeks.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: Alaska-MVP100k; AA-Plat; HH-Diamond; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by WASBLR
Thanks for the replies. Will report my experience in ~3 weeks.
Posting this message from the AI lounge in DEL. After clearing customs last night, went through domestic transfers immediately. Headed to an empty AI lounge at ~10p. The desk agent scanned my boarding pass. No complaints. Killing some time before I head to the gate for my connection to BLR.

The lounge is more full now. No mask enforcement from the desk. Almost everyone is wearing a mask though. But there are a few people with God complex apparently.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
the international lounge was closed 2 weeks ago when i was flying ai to dxb....flying ai to dc on tuesday....i'm assuming the lounge is still closed....will update this thread in a couple of days....
Old Mar 21, 2021, 9:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

All lounges are closed or boarded up in DEL Intl. Only open lounge is the PP in the B complex. Last night it was full and the desk had a wait list of 25 people. I went and had a beer at the delhi capitals bar instead.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 10:07 am

rchiruma likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by oliver2002
All lounges are closed or boarded up in DEL Intl. Only open lounge is the PP in the B complex. Last night it was full and the desk had a wait list of 25 people. I went and had a beer at the delhi capitals bar instead.
i figured as much....planning on arriving as late as possible for my flight tomorrow night, get a coffee at starbucks & then proceed to the gate for boarding....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.