Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI Lounge in Delhi (International) open?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:06 am
Original Poster

I see conflicting information. Would appreciate hearing any recent experiences.

If closed, what other (paid) options might exist?
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Plaza premium is definitely open as of early November .. AI was closed then..
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
traveling tomorrow night....i would be happy to check & report back....
malgudi likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
traveling tomorrow night....i would be happy to check & report back....
Was it open? Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by malgudi
Was it open? Thanks.
apologies but i didn't get an opportunity to check....there was a problem during check-in for my family which resulted in a delay of almost an hour & a half at the check-in counter....by the time they gave us the boarding passes there was less than 35 minutes left for the flight....so we had to rush through immigration & security....barely made it on time for the flight....
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by malgudi
I see conflicting information. Would appreciate hearing any recent experiences.

If closed, what other (paid) options might exist?
Premium Plaza is open & ITC Eco Lounge should also be open - no idea if either are paid but I suspect ITC would probably have a higher probability of being a paid lounge. Are you flying AI J or are *G? I'm not sure but the SQ Lounge might be open as well - unless they've followed LH & UK and shut things there.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All SQ lounges except the SIN T3 Silverkris are closed due to Covid19. PPlaza only has one of two open in T3 Intl: https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...port?stype=All
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I heard PP (Plaza Premium) DEL (and some more in India) have stopped accepting PP (Priority Pass)
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I heard PP (Plaza Premium) DEL (and some more in India) have stopped accepting PP (Priority Pass)
Yeah but DCB still supposedly works there and probably even Indian CCs.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Yeah but DCB still supposedly works there and probably even Indian CCs.
I am sure DCB / CCs will work.

Not sure if this applies to Plaza Premium or not, but the Bangalore lounge had the policy of No free liquor for credit card holders. This was before lockdown, not sure if it changed now.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:44 pm

I am sure DCB / CCs will work.

Not sure if this applies to Plaza Premium or not, but the Bangalore lounge had the policy of No free liquor for credit card holders. This was before lockdown, not sure if it changed now.
Looks like MC & Visa are not paying the fees!

To be fair that issue was always there for domestic vs. international pax access in all airport lounges - as in domestic pax not being allowed to use international lounge facilities like free booze etc. whether they were sent from the airlines or domestic lounge access CCs. Only “global” cards like PP etc. were an exception.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 12:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
PP doesn't show any of the DEL lounges available. In October, the TfS lounge had a two class system in the lounge: the PP/CC etc guests were kept in one area with juice/chips service and the sit down restaurant area was for guests with airline invites with food and drinks service.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
PP doesn't show any of the DEL lounges available. In October, the TfS lounge had a two class system in the lounge: the PP/CC etc guests were kept in one area with juice/chips service and the sit down restaurant area was for guests with airline invites with food and drinks service.
PP has recently cancelled contracts with Premium Plaza in DEL, HYD and some other cities.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Looks like MC & Visa are not paying the fees!

To be fair that issue was always there for domestic vs. international pax access in all airport lounges - as in domestic pax not being allowed to use international lounge facilities like free booze etc. whether they were sent from the airlines or domestic lounge access CCs. Only “global” cards like PP etc. were an exception.
I know it's all a weird mess. I was specifically talking about international pax in intl lounge. The pax entering with visa / mc were not separated as such but had to pay for booze.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:03 am

I know it's all a weird mess. I was specifically talking about international pax in intl lounge. The pax entering with visa / mc were not separated as such but had to pay for booze.
Wow, that really sucks for Visa & MC customers - mostly because I don't think that is clearly spelt out anywhere in the sign up material.

However I think Visa & MC & the banks have gone way overboard with this lounge access stuff.... and pretty much every lounge I visit is just packed to the rafters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.