Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flying DEL SFO on UA on B1/B2, do i need anything extra?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying DEL SFO on UA on B1/B2, do i need anything extra?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
That's a very good deal considering the price difference. With cabins going empty UA at least tries to get every buck they can from you through upgrades & upsells. The 8k upgrade was I'm sure a pricing error rather than anything else.
i think it was a pricing error as well....the same price was showing on both their reservations though....both has different pnrs....
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
i think it was a pricing error as well....the same price was showing on both their reservations though....both has different pnrs....
If the fault was with revenue management then it would show up on all PNRs which is a more likely error than a software bug (or something similar) which would show incorrect pricing on one PNR but not on the other.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
If the fault was with revenue management then it would show up on all PNRs which is a more likely error than a software bug (or something similar) which would show incorrect pricing on one PNR but not on the other.
either way, it doesn't matter in the end....when their tickets were booked they told me they were ready to pay upto $750 for the upgrade....when the $799 deal came up i told them to jump on it before others picked up the seats....
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
the form i have is the united states traveler health declaration form....it basically asks if i have been to a restricted area over the last 14 days....is this the form you are referring to or do i have to download & fill up something else????if yes then can you please send me a link for the form....

i will do this a day before my return trip once i have my negative covid 19 pcr test result....i guess it would make sense to attach the result & apply for the quarantine exemption at the same time....
apologies - just saw this.. I don’t see the link to the form online now so they must have discontinued.. basically name india address flight details (including PNR) was asked
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
this morning i checked their reservations again & there was a $799 offer to upgrade from premium plus to polaris....jumped on it immediately so now all of us are in the same cabin....
damn cool! Might try this strategy next time.. when I went in August just didn’t want anyone near me so bought outright..
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by galaticos
apologies - just saw this.. I don’t see the link to the form online now so they must have discontinued.. basically name india address flight details (including PNR) was asked
no forms to fill out....they didn’t ask for the covid test....check-in took 2 minutes....immigration & security was a breeze....very few people in the airport....just boarded & looking forward to a trouble-free flight....
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by galaticos
damn cool! Might try this strategy next time.. when I went in August just didn’t want anyone near me so bought outright..
i didn’t want to take a chance so bought outright as well....client is paying for the ticket & as a partner in my firm i always get booked in business class....but my 2 junior lawyers travelling with me for the case were booked in premium plus....they paid themselves to upgrade & i think they got a pretty good deal....
Old Sep 15, 2020, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

flight was pretty uneventful....landed a few hours ago, hung out in the lounge for a couple of hours, caught my connecting flight to dc & just checked into my hotel....here are a few observations:

entry for international flights besides the india based airlines is from gates 7 & 8....
there is a glass barrier between you & the security personnel checking your passport & ticket....once you go in they immediately check your temperature before letting you inside the terminal....
check-in was very quick....i was the only person in the business class line....they checked my passport & visa....then asked me for my local usa address where i will be staying....issued the boarding pass & baggage tag....
immigration was a breeze....there were about a dozen counters that were open & only about 20 passengers in total....took me 2 minutes to go across....
security was also quick....took another 2 minutes....
most of the shops in the terminal are closed & its very quite....later today i'll try to attach a video i took of how empty the terminal was....
plaza premium lounge was fairly full....they are practicing social distancing by blocking every second seating area....
boarding took a little bit of time because we had to go through security at the gate again....had to take out my laptop & shoes & put them on the conveyor belt....after that they started boarding polaris right at the beginning so i was one of the first passengers on board....
polaris was only half full....maybe a little less than half....premium plus & economy were full....
right after takeoff they served dinner all in one go....no separate appetizers, main course & desert....water & drinks were served in plastic glasses....
just before landing they served breakfast....this was served in a plastic container with plastic utensils....
wifi was for $16.99 for the entire flight & worked fairly well....
i was again one of the first passengers off the plane & also the first at global entry....that took less than a minute....i handed over the slip to the cbp officer who welcomed me to america (no question asked) & i was again the first person at baggage claim....
had to wait 20 minutes to get my bag....walked out, took a left, re-checked my bag, took the air-train, went through tsa pre-check security & was in the terminal in under 10 minutes from the time i got my bag....
spent a couple of hours in the lounge which was again fairly empty....
boarding & short flight to dc was uneventful....

all in all the only problem was wearing a mask all the time....besides that the whole travel experience was pretty good....

Last edited by Keyser; Sep 15, 2020 at 11:50 am
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:46 am

Thank you for the report! Very useful!!
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The rules are quite clear:

They might want to check the situation with the Canadian consulate first:
Could you share the link where you were able to extract the above info. Not sure what the changes are like since.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by quarryking
Could you share the link where you were able to extract the above info. Not sure what the changes are like since.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php
Old Oct 6, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thanks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.