Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Accessing BLR Plaza Premium Lounge as SkyTeam Elite+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Alaska Airlines MVP, BA Exec Club Blue, Hilton Honors Silver

As a SkyTeam Elite Plus, I am wondering if I get access to the Plaza Premium Lounge in BLR. The lounge access policy on the SkyTeam Lounge Finder site seems to indicate that I might have access but the Saudia site states I will need to be flying Saudia metal. I am flying KL metal.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
KLM will issue you a lounge voucher. The BLR lounges have been taken over by TfS from PP, but they are refurbishing the old lounges, so things are rather dire till April: Plaza Premium lounges at BLR airport closed
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Alaska Airlines MVP, BA Exec Club Blue, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
KLM will issue you a lounge voucher. The BLR lounges have been taken over by TfS from PP, but they are refurbishing the old lounges, so things are rather dire till April: Plaza Premium lounges at BLR airport closed
Good to know thanks! Will the KLM voucher be for the other lounge or is it for future use?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
For use at the current makeshift lounge in BLR.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
For use at the current makeshift lounge in BLR.
Got it thanks! Should I ask for the access pass at check-in or just walk up to the lounge like I usually would? Thanks! I am finding out new things about Indian airports that make them hard to navigate. Just want to be extra sure to make my experience smooth.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since you have to collect a printed boarding pass for all international departures ex India, you will get the lounge pass at the same time.
aryan likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by aryan
Got it thanks! Should I ask for the access pass at check-in or just walk up to the lounge like I usually would? Thanks! I am finding out new things about Indian airports that make them hard to navigate. Just want to be extra sure to make my experience smooth.
Make sure you collect it at the check-in counter when you're checking in.
aryan likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by aryan
make sure you hold on to the lounge pass & present it to the lounge attendant....one time i misplaced the pass on my way to the lounge....i probably left it at security....i had to wait 15 minutes while they verified if i could access the lounge....
aryan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.