Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Plaza Premium lounges at BLR airport closed

Plaza Premium lounges at BLR airport closed

Old Jul 25, 19, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Plaza Premium lounges at BLR airport closed

Sorry if this already been discussed some where (couldn't find anything in search)

From last 1 month (almost), Plaza Premium lounge in both Domestic and International sections at BLR are closed. Also, "Above ground" lounge too are closed. It is apparently due to end of a long contract. Now, the lounges are being operated by some obscure BLR lounge company.

Plaza Preimum was an excellent lounge, perhaps the best among all of the airports in India I should say. Shame that it has gone. To top it, there was a choice with Above the ground lounge as well which too was very nice.

The replacement operator seem to be new to business, and is quite amateurish in presentation and services with highly limited choice of food and seating. Why BLR is going downhill in terms of pax service when it is expanding at fast rate?

Loss for all of us who use BLR regularly
Old Jul 25, 19, 2:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It looks like TfS won the tender: https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/t...-hotel-tender/

While TfS is not super stellar, the Indian lounges that I have visited so far which were operated by them were not bad either.
Old Jul 25, 19, 3:41 am

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Both lounges are shut down by TFS for refurbishment until April 2020. TFS run the Mumbai lounges and they are fantastic so expect a significantly better experience.
Old Jul 26, 19, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
The replacement operator seem to be new to business, and is quite amateurish in presentation and services with highly limited choice of food and seating. Why BLR is going downhill in terms of pax service when it is expanding at fast rate?
give it a little bit of time....i'm sure once the lounges are re-opened then they will be up to standard....
Old Jul 26, 19, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for your informative replies. Appreciated
Old Jul 26, 19, 5:28 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
But are you saying that all the lounges in the Domestic & International sections are closed till April 2020?
Old Jul 26, 19, 3:29 pm

Programs: Delta
I was at the Above Ground lounge, or more accurately, in the lounge that was in that location, in the international departures area of BLR last week, so I don't think it's been closed for a month. I did see that the location where the other (Plaza Premium, I believe?) lounge used to be was closed with indications of construction work. Also, not 100% sure about this as I wasn't paying much attention, but I think the Above Ground lounge had signs with a different name on it as well. But it was definitely open and pretty much the same as I've seen it before.
Old Jul 26, 19, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta
In searching for news about this, I find that some news sources seem to be incorrectly saying that the lounges are all completely closed. This article:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/69540196.cms
suggests that they are "partially closed", but it also mentions a timeline of 18-20 months which would take the closure into 2021!

One can find several articles like this one, though:
https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook...or-renovations
claiming all the lounges have been closed from June 1, which doesn't square with what I experienced last week. Weird. You'd think it's not so hard to get some accurate information on things like this. Or is it all "fake news" these days? :-)
Old Jul 26, 19, 9:56 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
They will close in phases for sure. I’m sure that closing all the lounges would severely cheese of the airlines & their premium pax.

It looks like they’re building some great new lounges there.
Old Jul 29, 19, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I was there on 7/24 and the part which was AGL earlier was open. No alcohol that day coz of dry day in Bangalore. I was flying international in the daytime so the lounge was virtually empty. They have temporarily changed seating arrangements to squeeze in more guests but it's definitely not enough to accommodate night flights. For next few months, expect the Bangalore lounge to be a zoo.

This said, hopefully once the renovation is complete, the new lunge will be nice.
Old Jul 29, 19, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bandicoot View Post
I was at the Above Ground lounge, or more accurately, in the lounge that was in that location, in the international departures area of BLR last week, so I don't think it's been closed for a month. I did see that the location where the other (Plaza Premium, I believe?) lounge used to be was closed with indications of construction work. Also, not 100% sure about this as I wasn't paying much attention, but I think the Above Ground lounge had signs with a different name on it as well. But it was definitely open and pretty much the same as I've seen it before.
I think the name was something like Bangalore international Lounge. I asked the staff and they told me the renovation is going on in what used to be Plaza Premium Lounge. Small changes included packed snacks and peanuts instead of peanuts in a jar at the bar.
Old Aug 5, 19, 11:56 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege - Silver, IHG - Spire, HH - Diamond & a wallet full of other cards
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
It looks like TfS won the tender: https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/t...-hotel-tender/

While TfS is not super stellar, the Indian lounges that I have visited so far which were operated by them were not bad either.
Interesting Link..Had some good specs on BLR airport.

Search this Thread