How is SpiceMax?

Old Aug 31, 19, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
How is SpiceMax?

Any recent reviews on SpiceMax (https://book.spicejet.com/RetrieveBo...AddSeat=true)? Is it worth paying Rs. 700 for upgrading to SpiceMax on a short flight BOM - GOI. I'll probably be on the plane for about 75 minutes total.

What are the meal options on SpiceMax?

Thanks!

Last edited by piyush; Aug 31, 19 at 4:45 am
Old Aug 31, 19, 10:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You'll be in the air for less than 75 minutes. Probably less than even 50 minutes. The rest of the time waiting & taxing.

The menu is here - https://www.spicejet.com/SpiceCafe/#. SpiceJet food isn't great and you shouldn't expect a LCC to have great food. Also you might not get the entire menu on such a short flight.

The biggest reason for upgrading on SpiceJet is the legroom. It's really really crappy. So if you're tall it's quite uncomfortable (although in this case it's not a long flight). And that's the only reason I'd upgrade.

Whether you should or not, that really depends on how much you value 800 bucks I think (not 700) and how tall you are. If you just want a meal and have no value for the priority everything it's not worth it. If you want legroom + food it becomes a slightly better deal.
Old Aug 31, 19, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Thank you!

It's actually Rs. 900 but they have a 25% coupon. I primarily value the leg space. If there was a way just to get the leg space at a cheaper price I would be all over it.

Will report back on my experience if I go for it.
Old Aug 31, 19, 12:53 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
For the first row leg room it makes more sense to get the Spicemax package rather than just paying for the seat.
Old Aug 31, 19, 11:44 pm

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
It's actually not just the seat. You also get priority check-in at the SpiceMax counters and priority baggage tags. Definitely worth it IMHO.
Old Sep 2, 19, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
for inr 700 its not a bad deal....
Old Sep 3, 19, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
for inr 700 its not a bad deal....
yesterday I flew Spicemax and the aircraft was one of the Jet Airways aircrafts and Spicemax seats were the Jet business class seats. Good meal was served complimentary. Priority checkin, boarding and baggage are included.
Old Sep 4, 19, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vikasr View Post
yesterday I flew Spicemax and the aircraft was one of the Jet Airways aircrafts and Spicemax seats were the Jet business class seats. Good meal was served complimentary. Priority checkin, boarding and baggage are included.
strange....the business class seats are supposed to be spicebiz & are priced a lot higher....
Old Sep 4, 19, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
strange....the business class seats are supposed to be spicebiz & are priced a lot higher....
They don't have a business product setup on certain sectors yet so they're just selling them as SpiceMax seats.
Old Sep 4, 19, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anish View Post
They don't have a business product setup on certain sectors yet so they're just selling them as SpiceMax seats.
good to know....
Old Sep 4, 19, 3:24 pm

They’re rolling out SpiceBiz slowly in phases. They’re trying out the LCC - Biz offering carefully and slowly. A risky proposition to begin with. But they didn’t have much choice with the 9W failing & Max problems.

If you’re flying a 737NG and you’re paying SpiceMax rates... chances are you’re getting the 9W biz seats... but probably inferior service compared to SpiceBiz product.
Old Sep 5, 19, 4:43 am

I've flown these planes a bunch of times on the GOI-BOM sector and it's a fantastic deal for INR 800. Considering they fly out of T2 with the very nice Amex lounge, it's a pretty smooth journey.
Old Sep 5, 19, 1:00 pm

I've flown these planes a bunch of times on the GOI-BOM sector and it's a fantastic deal for INR 800. Considering they fly out of T2 with the very nice Amex lounge, it's a pretty smooth journey.
What does the Amex lounge have to do with SpiceMax? Also not all the flights to GOI are out of T2, SG has some flights out of T1 as well.
Old Sep 6, 19, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
What does the Amex lounge have to do with SpiceMax? Also not all the flights to GOI are out of T2, SG has some flights out of T1 as well.
All their ex-Jet planes fly out of T2 and they're moving all ops to T2 from 1st October.
Old Sep 6, 19, 8:24 am

All their ex-Jet planes fly out of T2 and they're moving all ops to T2 from 1st October.
Yes I know... but as I said... SG is still flying their own planes - 73Ws from BOM T1 to GOI. So unless we know OPs flight no & date of travel it's incorrect to assume OP is flying out of T2.

Search this Thread