Possible usage of Jet Airways Miles

Old Mar 23, 19, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Possible usage of Jet Airways Miles

Trying to figure out best ways to utilise my 2 lacs plus jet miles. I dont think the airline will be operating post April - May max.
Old Mar 23, 19, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm considering using whatever little miles i have left for partner redemption flights over the next few weeks....
Old Mar 23, 19, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
i'm considering using whatever little miles i have left for partner redemption flights over the next few weeks....
How can we use them for Partner Redemption Flights?
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:12 am

At the best of times, the partner awards team takes days on end to respond and is thoroughly inefficient. I would assume turnaround times are much worse now, with thousands of people trying to get rid of their miles.
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Should I book Award Tickets for October and Pray ?
2 return tickets to Europe possible !
Old Mar 23, 19, 5:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Once airline goes BK the tickets issued on 589 stock with JP miles will not be accepted by the partners...
Dhamal likes this.
Old Mar 23, 19, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by L_D_M View Post
At the best of times, the partner awards team takes days on end to respond and is thoroughly inefficient. I would assume turnaround times are much worse now, with thousands of people trying to get rid of their miles.
you now have the ability to book the partner ticket online, albeit at terrible rates....they sent out an email to this effect yesterday....

there was a post about this in another thread....you can read it below:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30918010-post228.html
Old Mar 23, 19, 8:30 pm

you now have the ability to book the partner ticket online, albeit at terrible rates....they sent out an email to this effect yesterday....

there was a post about this in another thread....you can read it below:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30918010-post228.html
Yes, I saw that. Those rates are beyond ridiculous.
Old Mar 23, 19, 10:36 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege - Silver, IHG - Spire, HH - Diamond & a wallet full of other cards
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Once airline goes BK the tickets issued on 589 stock with JP miles will not be accepted by the partners...
So just to understand better, even if the partner carrier honors the request made say today and issues the ticket for a departure say in the month of May. And 9W goes under somewhere in-between, the award ticket goes as well ?
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:06 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by quarryking View Post
So just to understand better, even if the partner carrier honors the request made say today and issues the ticket for a departure say in the month of May. And 9W goes under somewhere in-between, the award ticket goes as well ?
Yes 9W pays the partner only after you travel both for award and revenue tickets. Settlements are made post travel to account for cancellations/changes/IROPS etc. So if 9W goes down before your date of travel the partner will not honour that ticket.
Old Mar 24, 19, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Yes 9W pays the partner only after you travel both for award and revenue tickets. Settlements are made post travel to account for cancellations/changes/IROPS etc. So if 9W goes down before your date of travel the partner will not honour that ticket.
In case of award tickets, doesn’t JetPrivilege technically pay for them? Does 9W going under automatically mean that JetPrivilege also goes down?
Old Mar 24, 19, 6:55 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post

In case of award tickets, doesn’t JetPrivilege technically pay for them? Does 9W going under automatically mean that JetPrivilege also goes down?
If you go by the AB fiasco a couple of years ago which was similar to 9W in a million ways. TopBonus (which was also majority held by EY) crashed and burned with AB.
ajayr likes this.
Old Mar 24, 19, 8:25 pm

Programs: Jetprivilege, Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
If you go by the AB fiasco a couple of years ago which was similar to 9W in a million ways. TopBonus (which was also majority held by EY) crashed and burned with AB.
Although it went down with AB, I believe Etihad gave TopBonus Miles holders an option to redeem in EY flights.
Old Mar 24, 19, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, VS Silver, EY Silver
Anyone been able to redeem miles on reward store for giftcards etc? I am unable to checkout as the site keeps refreshing on every click
Old Mar 25, 19, 11:24 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Wyndham Plat
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Anyone been able to redeem miles on reward store for giftcards etc? I am unable to checkout as the site keeps refreshing on every click
You can try opening the page on IE. I did so and redeemed few miles for Flipkart vouchers. Got a lousy 22 paise per mile deal.

Search this Thread