Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India stops distributing via Amadeus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India stops distributing via Amadeus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
LH and other Amadeus native airlines will not be able to see any AI flights in their system, so you are SOL.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by philmill05
I think as it was a stop over in Frankfurt it was a LH flight to DEL.

Unfortunately only have miles with LH M&M - not sure how else I would be able to book? Any ideas would be great!
Ah you won't be able to book AI then. However I think EY is a LH awards partner and they use the same award chart even. So no extra miles (maybe some extra YQ). Call in and ask for availability on EY. LHR-AUH-CMB.

Also, doesn't hurt to ask if they're willing to route you on TK, SQ, TH etc.You have plenty of options.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 22, 2019 at 3:01 am
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Very bad indeed especially when 9W is also in deep financial crisis...

May be next AI would withdraw from Star Alliance citing some crazy reason...

Last edited by LH757; Jan 25, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Anyone know what is happening here with AI's inventory on Amadeus? Are they being pressed to put it back on soon? I don't know how AI is going to survive without it, take my example:

I am trying to book a trip from YYZ-BLR in paid J (via AC) and no AI options showing up (I used to be able to do YYZ-DEL-BLR or YYZ-DXB-BLR, neither of which is showing up).
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

This week the travel agents went to the vigilance commission: https://www.dailypioneer.com/2019/bu...ds-rights.html

The HC has already instructed Air India to resume distribution but its is ignored...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:55 pm

Staff ticket

Hey,

I'm an employee and usually use a staff ticket between MEL-DEL
For some reason it's not working, and air India flight isn't showing in the system?
I understand that they don't use amaduas anymore, but how can I book employee ticket? Is there a way to do it directly from air India office?
Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Abelsohn
Hey,

I'm an employee and usually use a staff ticket between MEL-DEL
For some reason it's not working, and air India flight isn't showing in the system?
I understand that they don't use amaduas anymore, but how can I book employee ticket? Is there a way to do it directly from air India office?
Thanks
Hey... AI employee asking FT how to book a ticket... that has to be a first!

You could always call in or use the AI office to book your ticket.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:58 pm

Thanks, but I did that..this is the reason why I'm posting the message on this forum.
im actually an employee if a different airline, but I want to use a zed ticket.
I think only employees of an airline will have some information regarding my question.
Air India doesn't appear on the systems at all, Dow do I book a staff ticket (SOL)?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Zed uses Amadeus, so no AI for you via Zed, you have to call the airline.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:05 am

I called AI, but they said that it's not possible to book zed ticket through them if I'm an employee of a different airline.
In my airline they can't book air India as it doesn't appear in the systems.
Would someone have a number of some customer service of AI that deal with this? Because I called customer service/spoke to the manager and they couldn't help me ..
Much appreciated!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Google says they have an office in Melbourne:
Address: 303/838 Collins St, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia

Alternatively:
Call Dnata in MEL and ask who to contact in MEL for such things? Offices Worldwide - Air India
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:25 am
Original Poster

As reported in another thread, AI and 1A are buddies again: https://amadeus.com/en/insights/pres...tion-agreement

Travel sellers in India will have access to the airline’s full international content, while travel sellers in the rest of the world will have access to the full range of Air India’s content, both domestic and international

The new agreement represents a significant stepping-stone for an extended, long-term relationship between both companies

The dynamic Indian travel industry has been going through a unique transformation over the last few years. Travel and spending power are both increasing, as are the expectations of Indian travelers. For airlines to ride this wave of growth and reach their potential, the right partnerships with leading global companies will be essential to success.

Given this, Amadeus and Air India are pleased to announce that the airline will benefit from the world’s largest and most diverse travel seller community, using the best professional sales technology, underpinned by the Amadeus Travel Platform.

Travel sellers in India will have access to the airline’s pure full international content only, while travel sellers in the rest of the world will have access to the full range of Air India’s content, both domestic and international. Working with Amadeus will help accelerate the airline’s growth in 2020 and beyond, an important step in the airline’s vision and renewed relationship with Amadeus.

Meenakshi Mallik, Commercial Director, Air India said: “We are pleased to renew our relationship with Amadeus to support our growth strategy globally and hope that this is the first step in our new journey together. We look forward to working closer with Amadeus to support agencies and travelers in the future.”

Cyril Tetaz, Executive Vice President, Airlines, Asia Pacific, Amadeus says: “We are glad to once again work with Air India and play a positive role in the airline’s growth strategy. Amadeus’ simple, open and agile system will allow Air India to innovate, experiment and collaborate to create new products which will add value to customers and create upsell or cross-sell opportunities.”

Amadeus has signed a number of important strategic deals in India in recent months, with Air India added to a list of airlines that include Spice Jet and Vistara. Both Indigo and Go Air also have their IT agreements with Navitaire, an Amadeus company.

In addition, Amadeus has strategic partnerships with some of the largest travel sellers in India, such as Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Yatra, and PayTM; and some of the major hotel groups and aggregators in India such as Oberoi, Taj, ITC Hotels and The Leela Palaces. From an airport IT perspective, Indira Gandhi International Airport and Rajiv Gandhi International Airport also use Amadeus’ leading airport technology.

Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Looks like they dropped Sabre this year: https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...s-out-of-Sabre

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.