Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Privilege - Sweet spots!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jet Privilege
Arrow Jet Privilege - Sweet spots!

With all this talk of 9W going kaput etc etc, I have started to worry about my 2,50,000 JP miles in the account.

So, thought to come over to all you fine folks and ask for your recommendations on what according to you are sweet spots in JP's redemption chart.

To me, one was doing India - Africa in business class on 64000 miles one way. But the perpetual crime issues in South Africa are preventing me from going there with family and using it.

Nonetheless, what do you guys think? Any sweet spots you all would like to share?

PS: Apologies if this has been done before, but I could not locate a similar thread after a search. Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I've actually been doing some digging around myself over the last week for the same reasons and here's the best I could come up with -

1. BOM/DEL-NRT on ANA - 128k return in J
2. BOM-DPS on Garuda - 128k return in J
3. India-Australia on Etihad - 200k return in J, bit expensive but you get to fly Etihad's 380 business studio on this route.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:17 am

I too have 3 lakh+ jpmiles with me.
​​​​​​Anish. What you are looking at is partner flights. There's bound to be very good surcharge and taxes with partner flights so I would say count partner flight only after you have checked surcharge taxes and others
By the way here's the best bet- Delhi Amesterdam or Mumbai AMS return 85k miles directly through jet if Europe is on your cards. Costs only INR 6k in taxes.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I paid INR 7k for BOM-NRT last year and taxes for the Australia flight are in the 18k region IIRC. Not sure about Garuda.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Anish
I've actually been doing some digging around myself over the last week for the same reasons and here's the best I could come up with -

1. BOM/DEL-NRT on ANA - 128k return in J
2. BOM-DPS on Garuda - 128k return in J
3. India-Australia on Etihad - 200k return in J, bit expensive but you get to fly Etihad's 380 business studio on this route.
@Anish- In Jet Privilege account, I can only see option to fill up form for partner awards. Not able to see the airline.. Any pointers how to see this?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Manav007
@Anish- In Jet Privilege account, I can only see option to fill up form for partner awards. Not able to see the airline.. Any pointers how to see this?
https://www.jetairways.com/en/in/jet...s/airline.aspx
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I think ROI & experice wise IND- AUS is the best deal with ET on their new-ish A380. Plus the ET lounge in SYD is supposed to be quite nice! I assume they allow backtracking to AUH given that it’s such a long distance overall.

I’d think that the BOM/DEL-AMS is pretty poor value given you’ve get a return J for 170k miles!

BOM/DEL-NRT also looks like great value. I’d like to do that sometime soon.

Of course I wish they had a simpler redemption process! Does 9W hold your awards ticket while you transfer miles? I wouldn’t want to transfer miles to them to find out the flights I want are not available.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Does 9W hold your awards ticket while you transfer miles? I wouldn’t want to transfer miles to them to find out the flights I want are not available.
Yes they do, for 72 hours. I've actually found the process to be quite easy, I email [email protected] with all my flight options and they respond within 24 hours with availability.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
there used to be some real sweet spots for domestic travel in the u.s. using jp miles....i remember there being tons of sectors where one way tickets were only 2.5k jp miles each....i know those no longer exist but are there any 5k or 10k routes still left????
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
there used to be some real sweet spots for domestic travel in the u.s. using jp miles....i remember there being tons of sectors where one way tickets were only 2.5k jp miles each....i know those no longer exist but are there any 5k or 10k routes still left????
Delhi Leh- 10K JPMiles return is one i discovered
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:22 am

I've actually found the process to be quite easy, I email [email protected] with all my flight options and they respond within 24 hours with availability.
Whoa. How recent are your experiences re this? I remember the wretched old days of circa 2015-16, emailing them detailed lists of flights, waiting a week to receive some sort of canned response, then a week more to receive yet another inconclusive response, and finally, a few days later, a phone call from the esteemed "partner redemptions team", whose members are picked presumably for their ability to make Vodafone customer service seem competent in comparison.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Manav007
Delhi Leh- 10K JPMiles return is one i discovered
i was actually referring to partner redemption in the u.s. but del-ixl for 10k miles is a good deal....
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Whoa. How recent are your experiences re this? I remember the wretched old days of circa 2015-16, emailing them detailed lists of flights, waiting a week to receive some sort of canned response, then a week more to receive yet another inconclusive response, and finally, a few days later, a phone call from the esteemed "partner redemptions team", whose members are picked presumably for their ability to make Vodafone customer service seem competent in comparison.
I've made a bunch of partner redemptions over the past couple of years and they've been pretty easy and seamless. Not sure if my PLT status helps.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
I think it starts at 10k now. Not sure about the YQ.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:54 pm

I've made a bunch of partner redemptions over the past couple of years and they've been pretty easy and seamless. Not sure if my PLT status helps.
Yeah if you have to search and find 9W partners manually and then their flights manually as well and then send an email to JP and then have a back and forth with them on the routing and availability etc. In 2018 none of that is "pretty easy and seamless".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.