Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India Express

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Air India Express

Does AI Express offer any meals on its MAA-SIN service? If yes, are these complimentary or are they chargeable? Besides their use of very old and dirty aircraft, what are the other disadvantages of flying AI Express on this route?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
was forced to fly dxb-del on ai express a few years ago....had to rush back for a work emergency & this was the only flight i could take that day....they did serve a basic meal box & also had the option to purchase other food items if i remember correctly....it should be the same on the maa-sin route....

also, you won't get any flying returns benefits or miles....
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by puchong
Besides their use of very old and dirty aircraft
The older 737-800s have been phased out and replaced with new deliveries (VT-GHA through VT-GHF) that are less than 2 years old. Average fleet age is down to only 8 years.

But yes, the aircraft were probably dirty on day two of operations.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by puchong
Does AI Express offer any meals on its MAA-SIN service? If yes, are these complimentary or are they chargeable? Besides their use of very old and dirty aircraft, what are the other disadvantages of flying AI Express on this route?
You get a basic complimentary meal. Apart from the nonstop MAA - SIN, they used to run a secondary service on this route via TRZ at one point in time.

As Keyser has mentioned no Flying returns miles to be earned. Have flown this route with them a few times. Only other thing being check in took a while in SIN on my way back, as mostly labour crowd headed back, so most passengers were travelling heavy with loads of luggage.

That apart it's a short run and so doable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.