Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

When are redemption seats made available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Hi All

We are a family of 4 travelling BOM to BHUJ on 9W in economy. Outbound in 4 weeks, return a week later.

Now we've realised we may have more than 15kg luggage each, so i have managed to secure 2 outbound premiere seats and the other 2 remain in economy.

For the return, i would like to use points to upgrade 2 or all 4 of us to premiere. However at present jetairways shows no availability for redemptions.

I have checked expertflyer and there seems to be lots of availability in Premiere.

Should i assume those redemptions are taken up, so i won't have a chance of a points upgrade, or would Jet ever make more reward seats available closer to the time?

Any views are appreciated.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Jet only releases two award seats per flight on a 12 seat aircraft so they will not make any more inventory available closer to the date. Your only option is to upgrade at the airport if there are seats available.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
jet will not make any additional redemption seats available....what you see now is what it is....if you decide to upgrade at the airport then it will be a paid upgrade & you will not be able to use your miles....
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
if you decide to upgrade at the airport then it will be a paid upgrade & you will not be able to use your miles....
This is incorrect. If you ask for a miles upgrade at the airport and redemption seats aren't available, they will waitlist your miles upgrade. The upgrade will clear if there are seats available post check-in closure.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Anish
This is incorrect. If you ask for a miles upgrade at the airport and redemption seats aren't available, they will waitlist your miles upgrade. The upgrade will clear if there are seats available post check-in closure.
i've been told this by a number of people & have tried it a bunch of times....each time i've been told its not possible at the airport....
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:23 am

i've been told this by a number of people & have tried it a bunch of times....each time i've been told its not possible at the airport....
I've done this a bunch of times. Works fine if you can hang around at the counter until T-45 and confirm the seat.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anish
I've done this a bunch of times. Works fine if you can hang around at the counter until T-45 and confirm the seat.
will give it another shot when i'm flying next week....
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:48 am

will give it another shot when i'm flying next week....
Let us know how it goes.. Had a long discussion with a supervisor last month and she told me this is the priority list for upgrades - Cash > Crew/Staff > Miles > Op-ups. I'm assuming crew also includes family, etc
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:49 am

I've done a mileage upgrade on check-in a couple of times on international legs. Both times, I'd waitlisted myself for an upgrade beforehand, though.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by L_D_M
I've done a mileage upgrade on check-in a couple of times on international legs. Both times, I'd waitlisted myself for an upgrade beforehand, though.
how did you go about waitlisting for an upgrade beforehand?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by L_D_M
same here....i've always done this beforehand & then waited for the upgrade at the airport....i've never managed to initiate a miles upgrade at the airport though....always been told it has to be done beforehand....
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by rtid
how did you go about waitlisting for an upgrade beforehand?
Well, whenever I call and try to upgrade a booking using vouchers or miles, they always say there's no availability, and then say they'll put you on a waitlist. (This is not a waitlist you can look up to see your position on.) And then at the airport, when you ask, they hem and haw and if there's availability, upgrade you at the counter or later, at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.