Wiki Posts
Search

Question on 9W flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Question on 9W flight

Hi all,

I am booked on a Jet Airways flight from MAA to IXM but have no experience regarding Jet Airways or Chennai Airport.

I have already done web check-in (got my boarding pass) but have baggage that needs to be checked-in too.

My flight departs at 0935 whereas boarding time is stated for 0850.
At what time should I be at the airport to have sufficient time for entry into airport, baggage screening, baggage drop, security check etc?

Thanks for any information,
Hansie
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
err on the side of caution with Indian domestic flights as you can encounter long queues at various stages of the process. I'd arrive at 0730
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i normally get to the airport about an hour before my domestic flights....that includes when flying out of maa....if you want to be extra cautious then get there 90 minutes before....
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by Keyser
i normally get to the airport about an hour before my domestic flights....that includes when flying out of maa....if you want to be extra cautious then get there 90 minutes before....
Does cutting it safe then mean 08:00 (90 min before departure) oder 07:30 (90 before boarding)?

Reason being I am landing in MAA at 03:00 and planning on heading to Le Meridien for (hopefully) some sleep. Also any idea on how long the drive from this hotel to the airport is?

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hansie123
Does cutting it safe then mean 08:00 (90 min before departure) oder 07:30 (90 before boarding)?
like i said before, an hour before your flight should be sufficient so i would be at the airport by 8:30am....if i wanted to play it safe then i would be there at 8am....

Reason being I am landing in MAA at 03:00 and planning on heading to Le Meridien for (hopefully) some sleep. Also any idea on how long the drive from this hotel to the airport is?
shouldn't take you longer than 10 minutes....
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:10 am

I'd recommend not going to the hotel for such a short period even with boarding pass. There is plenty of construction going on around the airport and you never know how the traffic will be.

If you land at 3:00, (You didn't say international or domestic, baggage or no baggage etc) it could take an hour to get out.

You will barely get an hour of sleep, between check-in and check out.

Let us know what you ultimately did.

Last edited by dministrator; Aug 1, 2017 at 5:13 pm
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dministrator
I'd recommend not going to the hotel for such a short period even with boarding pass. There is plenty of construction going on around the airport and you never know how the traffic will be.

If you land at 3:00, (You didn't say international or domestic, baggage or no baggage etc) it could take an hour to get out.

You will barely get an hour of sleep, between check-in and check out.

Let us what you ultimately did.
i did this a couple of months ago....my international flight landed at maa around midnight & my domestic flight to del was at 6am....

by the time i went through immigration, picked up my bags & got to the le méridien it was around 1am....got about 3 & a half hours of sleep....left the hotel at 4:45am & was checked in for my domestic flight by 5am....

hansie123 will probably end up getting the same amount of time at the hotel....
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Hmmm...I am currently enroute to MAA via DXB (so arriving at intl terminal also with baggage) with ETA at 0240. At what cutoff timepoint should I skip the hotel trip from int terminal MAA? My domestic flight is at 0955. BR Hansie

Sorry, flight from MAA at 0930

Last edited by hansie123; Aug 2, 2017 at 7:56 am Reason: Wrong ETD!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm...I am currently enroute to MAA via DXB (so arriving at intl terminal also with baggage) with ETA at 0240. At what cutoff timepoint should I skip the hotel trip from int terminal MAA? My domestic flight is at 0955. BR Hansie

Sorry, flight from MAA at 0930
it all depends on how tired you are....if all goes well you will get about 4 hours at the property....for me those 4 hours of rest meant a lot as i had to go to work immediately after i landed in delhi....

also, you will not be allowed into the domestic terminal so early....for a 9:30am flight they probably won't let you in till about 6:30am....there is nothing to do at the airport at that time at night so you may as well head over to the hotel....
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Then off to the meridien I guess. In my age sleep is a very valuable commodity! Thanks to all for the very valuable information. Best, Hansie
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Just a heads up on how it went.
Flight landed at 0240 in MAA INTL and I was at the Le Meridien by 0400. The drive to hotel was under 10 mins. Got up at 0730 and was back at MAA DOM by 0800. Also here only 10 mins drive. Had sufficient time for baggage drop, security, etc. for the flight to IXM.
Thanks for all the information!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a heads up on how it went.
Flight landed at 0240 in MAA INTL and I was at the Le Meridien by 0400. The drive to hotel was under 10 mins. Got up at 0730 and was back at MAA DOM by 0800. Also here only 10 mins drive. Had sufficient time for baggage drop, security, etc. for the flight to IXM.
Thanks for all the information!
great....glad you managed to get some rest....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.