Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading on AI143 MAA-DEL-CDG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Upgrading on AI143 MAA-DEL-CDG

I'm ticketed in J on this flight in October and was trying to dump some 90k odd AI miles by processing a J-F upgrade on the DEL-CDG leg, which is on a Dreamliner.

So far two AI staff have informed me that this isn't possible as the MAA-DEL leg, also operated as AI143, is on a two class 320.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
As far as I know ai does not have first class on the dreamliners.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
As far as I know ai does not have first class on the dreamliners.
Definitely does not. Only J on Dreamliners.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:59 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by hserus
I'm ticketed in J on this flight in October and was trying to dump some 90k odd AI miles by processing a J-F upgrade on the DEL-CDG leg, which is on a Dreamliner.

So far two AI staff have informed me that this isn't possible as the MAA-DEL leg, also operated as AI143, is on a two class 320.
That should upgrade you to the cockpit. I hope your CPL is in order
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

not possible as others have said....no first on the dreamliner....
Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
not possible as others have said....no first on the dreamliner....
Bah what's the point of getting brand new aircraft and then not having a F product in it
Old Sep 3, 2016, 11:48 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Bah what's the point of getting brand new aircraft and then not having a F product in it
they have the 787-8 version, where no operator in the world managed to fit in a first class. second, airlines around the world are progressively taking a view that F is an indulgence they may not want anymore and removing from a lot of their planes, perhaps because it goes empty (revenuewise) most of the time.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by A2A
they have the 787-8 version, where no operator in the world managed to fit in a first class. second, airlines around the world are progressively taking a view that F is an indulgence they may not want anymore and removing from a lot of their planes, perhaps because it goes empty (revenuewise) most of the time.
I was speaking to some FAs on my recent AI Dreamliner flight and they all told me that F isn't working for AI and the chances of new planes having F is almost nil.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Remember the 788 replaced AIs A310 fleet... the typical mission of a 788 is a 8hr flight. The F was initially planned for the 77W and 772, but even that turned out be a dud.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by A2A
they have the 787-8 version, where no operator in the world managed to fit in a first class.
Except Xiamen Air
Those new hotshots have placed 4 of their F seats in an 788.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.