Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Another case of AirAsia Fraud - who should I contact in the Indian government?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another case of AirAsia Fraud - who should I contact in the Indian government?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Originally Posted by rje444
Amazing.

I just managed to get AirAsia India to transfer the refund they owed me to my bank account.

And it only took 9 months of polite requests, cajoling, threats, tweets to their account and the CEO, and even emails to the Indian Minister of Tourism.

AirAsia made 27 promises to make that refund over those 9 months. Each time, after not receiving it I'd write to ask where is it? They would often ignore me.

In the end, only extreme action forced their hand.

But what about the thousands of other customers who don't know enough, or are too tired to pursue them so vigorously for their promised refunds, as documented in articles? I wish someone would write an article explicitly exposing AirAsia's unscrupulous practices and warn potential customers of the risk of doing business with AirAsia.
I am in the same boat as you, as have been robbed by Conair Pegasus.

Air Asia is a misery airline. Years back KUL-CCU flight was suspended & never received the money. Air Pegasus & Costa another conairline. With the DGCA sleeping, the only way to safe guard is avoid buying tickets from these fraudsters and choose lesser evils such as 6E, AI, & 9W.

Shame on Indian fraud carriers!

Last edited by LH757; Aug 27, 2016 at 9:52 am
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH757
I am in the same boat as you, as have been robbed by Conair Pegasus.

Air Asia is a misery airline. Years back KUL-CCU flight was suspended & never received the money. Air Pegasus & Costa another conairline. With the DGCA sleeping, the only way to safe guard is avoid buying tickets from these fraudsters and choose lesser evils such as 6E, AI, & 9W.

Shame on Indian fraud carriers!
How about IndiGo? We had a good experience recently, but that was only one flight, so far too little to draw any conclusions. Any thoughts about their reliability and honesty?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
According to Skytrax:

#51 6E Best low cost airline of India
#76 9W
#100 SG
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rje444
Amazing.

I just managed to get AirAsia India to transfer the refund they owed me to my bank account.
What did you do to get your refund?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
What did you do to get your refund?

Dude! Read the next sentence after the one you quoted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.