Wiki Posts
Search

Amex India Offerings for Travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Amex India Offerings for Travel

I'm thinking of Picking up a Amex Credit card - I looked in the website and need some suggestions from users here.

Primary motive is to diversify the Cards in the valet and make use of special offers. Already have a Citi PM. Need a option to have flexible currency of points to transfer to Hotels / Airlines to top off balance.

Travel is light now a days with change in role @ office and kids.

Platinum Card seems to be overkill for me. Trying to choose betw Platinum Reserve and Platinum Travel.

Considered Jet Airways Co-Branded card - but not sure how good is the value and it locks the rewards to Jet as well.

Any words of wisdom? or should i be content with Citi PM
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:48 am

Platinum Travel is a very good card mainly for their Indigo Vouchers..
4L spends get around 20K worth Indigo Vouchers and 10K Taj Voucher.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I have Amex Platinum Reserve. 1 point for every Rs. 50 spent seems so low. I have spent around 4.1 lakh till now and with initial bonus and everything I have 19,348 points.

Which is worth 8,000 Rs in gift certificates.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i seem to prefer the citi prestige card over all the regular cards amex is offering at the moment....
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Transfer points to SPG is one of the features I did not find in Citi Offering.

Also the earn rate is quite low for most of the Amex cards 1 MR for INR 50 and excluding Fuel and Utilities

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.