Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2023, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Can you use the 4th night free benefit through the prestige card for two rooms on the same stay?

Also is it still possible to book this yourself on hotels dot com.
Old May 21, 2023, 8:28 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Can you use the 4th night free benefit through the prestige card for two rooms on the same stay?

Also is it still possible to book this yourself on hotels dot com.
It's a VIsa/MC benefit... so it's still there. Not sure about booking directly with hotels.com though. I haven't seen that banner in a while - though that option is probably still there.
onlysuites likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can I book two rooms for the same stay as a family of 4.
Old May 22, 2023, 4:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Can I book two rooms for the same stay as a family of 4.
Nope. One room only. Plus additional rules around room type, consecutive stays/back-to-back stays etc. are there
Old May 22, 2023, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you so much for your quick response.

If anyone knows how to book this yourself via hotel . com please do let me know.
Old May 23, 2023, 1:25 am

Thank you so much for your quick response.

If anyone knows how to book this yourself via hotel . com please do let me know.
I don't think they have that option anymore. The concierge service went to hell well before the integration with Axis. The last two or three times I tried to book using this benefit, they took ages to get back on email after I sent them an initial email providing specifics. And often they would be getting back for validation (despite me having provided enough details in the initial email), then taking another 24-48 hours to get back and so on.

If you call in and ask to speak to someone who can do the booking for you while on the call with you, you will often be told that calls cannot be transferred to them. You can only ask for them to call you - which they usually take their own sweet time over.

Oh, and just remembered, the last time I tried to use this, back in February, I was told that they had some kind of issue with their systems that didn't allow them to fulfil any fourth-night-free booking requests, and they didn't know how long it would take to sort out. Might have been short for "We're not going to do this for you, not today, not this week." I made the booking elsewhere.
Old May 23, 2023, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doubt I will use them then. It used to be nice when we could just call and get the CS rep to do it there and then.
Old May 29, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
So have been using Kotak 6E Rewards XL card for the last 3 months. Going by their rules, one is entitled to a free one way domestic ticket (base fare) post 3 months of card usage. No sign of any the said voucher and so rang in and the agent mentions that they've withdrawn the free ticket and dining benefits. So essentially reducing an already weak card to just some measly points earned for flight ticket spends. No mail was received on the same. Strangely the dining voucher came in without an issue.

Wondering if anyone else has faced the same issue ?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know if this promotion for Qatar transfer bonus will be valid for Citi India?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:31 pm

Anyone know if this promotion for Qatar transfer bonus will be valid for Citi India?
Yes it is.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do we know how the new TCS system will work on credit cards yet? Is it 20% on every transaction or after you have hit 7.5L? I have been advised both.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:47 am

Do we know how the new TCS system will work on credit cards yet? Is it 20% on every transaction or after you have hit 7.5L? I have been advised both.
That nonsense has been pushed out to September. Don't worry about it for now.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 5:06 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Incredible - so basically they are going to tax you an *additional* 20% on top of the 18% GST?? ...?
Old Jul 13, 2023, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Incredible - so basically they are going to tax you an *additional* 20% on top of the 18% GST?? ...?
Has nothing to do with GST. This stupid 20% "tax" on your expenditure not income. So if you spend more than 7.5L (say 10L). You will be taxed 20% of 2.5L. You will be able to reclaim this 20% when you file your ITR at the end of the fiscal year for spends that haven't crossed the $250,000 mark.

Yes this law is exactly as idiotic as it sounds.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So basically the first 7.5L should be without any 20% tax?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.