Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

These are the disadvantages for buying a Jet Airways code shared ticket on Etihad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

These are the disadvantages for buying a Jet Airways code shared ticket on Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ICH Platinum, Le Accor Platinum, Mariott Silver, Flying Returns Silver, Krisflyer Gold

I recently got a round trip ticket from IAD-BLR. It was Jet airways codeshared ticket on Etihad. I found these to be the disadvantages of buying a Jet airways codeshared ticket

1. Cant do online checkin on both Jet Airways/Etihad website, only way to checkin is to do it at the airport

2. You have to call Etihad customer support even for pre selecting the seats

3. If you have >8hrs transit on a Etihad ticket, then Etihad provides you a hotel. You will not get the same with the Jet Airways codeshared ticket.

If you are flying on Etihad then book directly through them and not through their codeshare partner(Unless you get huge discounts)

Last edited by k819; Aug 28, 2014 at 8:15 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Call Jet and get the EY PNR. Then call EY and pre-select the seats.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:51 pm

I recently had a codeshared ticket of Jet with Air France. You need to get the PNRs of the other flights and then you can check in online as well. But jet airways customer service nowadays are clueless how to check in their guests on the own flights. Nevertheless, no harm calling them,
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Call Jet and get the EY PNR. Then call EY and pre-select the seats.
agreed....i do this all the time when booking a partner redemption using jp miles....i just ask them to give me the partner pnr & everything works smoothly from there....
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
agreed....i do this all the time when booking a partner redemption using jp miles....i just ask them to give me the partner pnr & everything works smoothly from there....
Ironically you needed to do this even when using Jetkonnect and booking on Jet....

Call them
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by arakhanna
Ironically you needed to do this even when using Jetkonnect and booking on Jet....

Call them
Fortunately it will be gotten rid off pretty soon now
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: ICH Platinum, Le Accor Platinum, Mariott Silver, Flying Returns Silver, Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Fortunately it will be gotten rid off pretty soon now
I called them(EY) 6hrs before my flight last week with the Eticket number, they pulled up my reservation and asked me to go the counter at the airport.

I have heard from another flyertalk member that he could get seat selection over the phone.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by k819
I called them(EY) 6hrs before my flight last week with the Eticket number, they pulled up my reservation and asked me to go the counter at the airport.

I have heard from another flyertalk member that he could get seat selection over the phone.
If you have the partner airline PNR then you can call their cs and reserve seat.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by k819

I have a similar ticket on Etihad marketed By Jet Airway from IAD to BOM. I was able to give the ETIHAD agent my eticket number and they were able to give me the etihad booking reference and assign seats.

Kunal
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KUNALGH
I have a similar ticket on Etihad marketed By Jet Airway from IAD to BOM. I was able to give the ETIHAD agent my eticket number and they were able to give me the etihad booking reference and assign seats.

Kunal
Just got off a call with a Etihad agent, they said that I cant do online checkin as I have a codeshared ticket. I tried with the Etihad reference number as well.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Etihad Issued ticket , flying Jet metal

Hello..
The Jet site has Etihad as partner airlines and gives a table showing miles accrued for Etihad marketed and operated flights..

So what happens for flights sectors where flight is operated on Jet Metal which are mainly between AUH and India and some domestic flights as those are not operated by Etihad ?

thanks
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Bump

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hello..
The Jet site has Etihad as partner airlines and gives a table showing miles accrued for Etihad marketed and operated flights..

So what happens for flights sectors where flight is operated on Jet Metal which are mainly between AUH and India and some domestic flights as those are not operated by Etihad ?

thanks
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:34 am

Nothing happens. The tables are irrelevant - the miles never post from Etihad partners anyway.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:21 pm

Just booked some Etihad flights through an Alitalia codeshare. Got the Etihad PNR from the Alitalia customer service line. Could not select my seat on Etihad's website, but their customer service line did it for me easily. Also, they confirmed business class (even if code-shared) can reserve a car pickup in eligible cities.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Yes I recently did the same on a Jet issued ticket. Had to call for seat selection and chauffeur but both worked perfectly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.