Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Which US issued credit cards work on Indigo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which US issued credit cards work on Indigo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
Little off the topic but just curious, can you get a US credit card if you are on B1/B2 visa?
Once you have an SSN I think you can.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Once you have an SSN I think you can.
As far as i know, you can't get SSN while on B1/B2 visa.. So i guess the answer is NO...

Anyone else has any other info on this?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
Little off the topic but just curious, can you get a US credit card if you are on B1/B2 visa?
you have to have a ssn & credit history in the us before you can get a credit card....you are not entitled to get a ssn with a b1/b2 visa....
Old Jan 15, 2014, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
you have to have a ssn & credit history in the us before you can get a credit card....you are not entitled to get a ssn with a b1/b2 visa....
Thats what i thought, thanks for confirming keyser
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I purchased three IndiGo flights about 12 hours ago. One one-way and one round trip. I paid for excess baggage on one and exit row seats on all. Paid with my AMEX.

Now I received three text messages saying: Dear Mr. CO-PLAT, you have been unchecked for flt 6E 279 10Mar BOMHYD, PNR XXXXXX. Previously issued boarding pass stands invalid. For assistance call 01246613838.

The two charges show as pending on my AMEX account.

Looks like I get to make a long international call tomorrow.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I purchased three IndiGo flights about 12 hours ago. One one-way and one round trip. I paid for excess baggage on one and exit row seats on all. Paid with my AMEX.

Now I received three text messages saying: Dear Mr. CO-PLAT, you have been unchecked for flt 6E 279 10Mar BOMHYD, PNR XXXXXX. Previously issued boarding pass stands invalid. For assistance call 01246613838.

The two charges show as pending on my AMEX account.

Looks like I get to make a long international call tomorrow.
So after I received these two text messages, I get two emails stating:
Dear IndiGo Customer,

Thank you for booking a flight on IndiGo. Your PNR - XXXXXX is confirmed.
This email is to confirm that you have initiated this transaction with your own credit/debit card. If you did not make this booking, please contact us immediately.
For verification, IndiGo requires you to produce at the time of check-in, one of the following documents:
a. The card used to make the booking; or
b. A copy of the card (front and back without the CVV- the 3 digit code at the back of the card and CID- the 4 digit code in case of an AMEX card) signed by the card holder.
Failure to produce the document will result in the customer being denied the ability to fly. IndiGo shall not be held responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from such cancellation of the booking.
This requirement is in accordance with IndiGo’s Conditions of Carriage, which you have agreed to adhere and abide by at the time of confirming your booking.
For any further assistance or queries, please contact our 24x7 call centre at +919212783838 or +911246613838.
Regards,
Customer Relations
IndiGo
[email protected]

AMEX charges still in a "pending" status.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Well what does "unchecked" mean then! Does "Manage Booking" on the Indigo website show all the add-ons you paid for?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Well what does "unchecked" mean then! Does "Manage Booking" on the Indigo website show all the add-ons you paid for?
I received a response to my email from their customer service. Apparently "unchecked" means unverified. They assured me everything will be OK as long as I have the physical credit card with me on the day of flights.
AMEX charges still pending.

EDIT: Charges finally came through on AMEX.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Feb 3, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.