FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1253980-consolidated-what-best-travel-credit-card-india-now.html)

ethanhunt123 Jan 11, 2015 3:08 am

Right now i am trying to hit 10L on SBI AI Signature to max out the bonus - then i will shift my spending to Citi PM. In between i may spend on Citi PM at 10X partners - but even there i get only 5 miles now compared to 4 miles on AI Signature.

Unless you really dont like AI - SBI AI Signature is the best mile earning card right now in India IMHO. and with these new devaluations - i think HDFC Regalia is also pretty good considering you can get it for free right now with complimentary Taj Gold & Priority Pass + 5 visits free.

jubbing Jan 11, 2015 5:19 am

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 24142811)
Right now i am trying to hit 10L on SBI AI Signature to max out the bonus - then i will shift my spending to Citi PM. In between i may spend on Citi PM at 10X partners - but even there i get only 5 miles now compared to 4 miles on AI Signature.

Unless you really dont like AI - SBI AI Signature is the best mile earning card right now in India IMHO. and with these new devaluations - i think HDFC Regalia is also pretty good considering you can get it for free right now with complimentary Taj Gold & Priority Pass + 5 visits free.

Posting again as my other post didn't come out for some reason.

I don't like to fly AI at all (personal choice), but I generally fly with Emirates (skywards), Malaysian Airlines (One World), and on the rare occasion Lufthansa (for Star Alliance).

With regards to the Citi PM - I hope you've seen this? I see no point in getting it anymore, just like I don't see a point in the SC Skywards Card. Not sure i'm even eligible for the Citi Prestige Card?

avanindrajain Dec 2, 2015 6:31 am

What is the best??

looking for a good mile earning credit card with annual fee <5000 rs..considering following:

AMEX Platinum travel card
CITIBANK Premier mile card
HDFC Regalia

Pros and cons of these cards?
any other suggestions?

abhilife2001 Dec 10, 2015 5:30 am

Originally Posted by avanindrajain (Post 25800654)
looking for a good mile earning credit card with annual fee <5000 rs..considering following:

AMEX Platinum travel card
CITIBANK Premier mile card
HDFC Regalia

Pros and cons of these cards?
any other suggestions?

It also depends on whether you fly specific airlines mainly or across all.
For eg.. If you tend to fly Air India a lot, then the SBI AI card has great value considering the 20 AI ffp miles per Rs 100 for AI tickets and possibility of bonuses based on spends.

If you fly Jet often, then check out the HDFC Jet Privilege / ICICI Jet Airways cards too..
Basically check out co branded cards too IF you try to predominantly use a specific brand.@:-)

techankur Dec 10, 2015 8:32 am

You should check ICICI Sapphiro Jet airways AMEX card. We get 5 jpmiles per 100 rs spend on domestic and 7 on international..

nihit157 Dec 15, 2015 5:34 am

I have applied for Jet Diners Club . Seems pretty good with 24 miles per 150 .
have a family US trip this summer , can earn buttload of points after purchasing through Jet website & tier miles. Hope it is useful for over the years. If any reviews for the card (apart from low acceptability of Diners ) please write here.

MumbaiGuy101 Jan 17, 2016 5:29 am

I use the HDFC Bank Regalia card. It earns 4 RPs per INR 150 spent plus bonus on certain type of usage such as dining and on their own travel site. These RPs can be redeemed for use on their own travel site at 4 RP = INR 3.
In addition, lounge access and membership to Taj Inner Circle Gold and Vistara is also free.
Markup on foreign spend is also lower than other cards.
Best value for me since I get this card for free.

tirajat Jan 17, 2016 8:39 am

Originally Posted by MumbaiGuy101 (Post 26031502)
Best value for me since I get this card for free.

Why free? I believe there is a fee for the card!!

deovrat Jan 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by tirajat (Post 26032088)
Why free? I believe there is a fee for the card!!

HDFC sometimes offers its Preferred customers targeted credit cards with lifetime zero annual fee.
I was offered a choice between Regalia and Diners Club, I chose the latter.

The best thing is that these are truly no annual fee cards, without any minimum annual spend requirement.

NoviceFT Jan 27, 2016 5:37 am

ICICI British Airways American Express/Visa Card

Hi
Anyone using this card. I wanted to add this card to my wallet so wanted to know users comments on the same. Thanks.

NoviceFT Jul 26, 2016 9:23 am

Seems i am the one again asking info after 6 months :cool:

Apart from Citi cards, which card programs transfers into Taj IC.
i see many provide Epicure Plus with Gold Membership however i do not see the points conversion option. Let me know if any of you know other card option.

Thanks

Anish Jul 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Not sure about Taj IC but Diners club transfers to Marriott and Hyatt

thegreatgambler Jul 27, 2016 2:02 am

I don't think there can be a better card then HDFC Diners Black. No card can be even come closer to it in terms of the rewards.

A2A Jul 27, 2016 2:10 am

Originally Posted by thegreatgambler (Post 26974366)
I don't think there can be a better card then HDFC Diners Black. No card can be even come closer to it in terms of the rewards.

discovered by yours truly ;)

vishalgupta22 Jul 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 26974385)
discovered by yours truly ;)

+1

I have been in India less than a year and have >170k RPs, thanks to 10x.

Most of those points came from:
- Buying all our appliances from reliance digital (when they were partner)
- Some tickets from clear trip / Yatra etc
- Lot of everyday shopping on snapdeal