FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1253980-consolidated-what-best-travel-credit-card-india-now.html)

Anish Jul 31, 2016 5:15 am

Originally Posted by vikasr (Post 26992629)
Now make my trip is there but if you read the terms, it says 5X and not 10X.

Looks like the MakeMyTrip 5x is for all HDFC cards not just Diners..

https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._online_travel

vishalgupta22 Jul 31, 2016 11:43 am

Originally Posted by bluecrabs (Post 26992364)
I am going to buy another stash, I have a screenshot showing that the offer is valid until 31st July.

I have also bought some today.

Hope we get the 10x points. As of screenshots, there must be something in some T&C saying they can change / cancel anytime.

bluecrabs Aug 1, 2016 11:52 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 (Post 26994321)
I have also bought some today.

Hope we get the 10x points. As of screenshots, there must be something in some T&C saying they can change / cancel anytime.

Yes but the new t&c is applicable from August 1st.
So the old T&C should cover 31st July. Anyways nothing to loose

vishalgupta22 Aug 1, 2016 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by bluecrabs (Post 26998984)
Yes but the new t&c is applicable from August 1st.
So the old T&C should cover 31st July. Anyways nothing to loose

Agree

vikasr Aug 1, 2016 9:29 pm

I called the HDFC premium customer service yesterday and enquired. They checked with the concerned team and called back to confirm that all merchants who have now been discontinued, like cleartrip, were valid till 31 july for 10x points. Hence i believe snapdeal was also valid till 31 july.

Further, makemytrip will get 10x points for diners cards and 5x for other cards and no code needs to be used for transactions on makemytrip. HDFC site should get corrected in due course.

vishalgupta22 Aug 2, 2016 3:12 am

Originally Posted by vikasr (Post 27001435)
I called the HDFC premium customer service yesterday and enquired. They checked with the concerned team and called back to confirm that all merchants who have now been discontinued, like cleartrip, were valid till 31 july for 10x points. Hence i believe snapdeal was also valid till 31 july.

Further, makemytrip will get 10x points for diners cards and 5x for other cards and no code needs to be used for transactions on makemytrip. HDFC site should get corrected in due course.

Anish Aug 2, 2016 3:48 am

Originally Posted by vikasr (Post 27001435)

Thanks, that's good to hear!

vishalgupta22 Aug 2, 2016 4:38 am

Has anyone been able to use Diners card on bigbasket?

It always fail and if I pay later, then the payment is processed by Citrus pay big basket.

thegreatgambler Aug 2, 2016 8:42 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 (Post 27002461)
Has anyone been able to use Diners card on bigbasket?

It always fail and if I pay later, then the payment is processed by Citrus pay big basket.

Bigbasket does not accept Diners card yet...they have not updated their site to accept Diners.

vishalgupta22 Aug 10, 2016 11:34 pm

It's frustrating that bigbasket still doesn't accept diners club.

Also HDFC hasn't updated their site to add clarity about makemytrip

bluecrabs Aug 11, 2016 12:10 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 (Post 27047527)
It's frustrating that bigbasket still doesn't accept diners club.

Also HDFC hasn't updated their site to add clarity about makemytrip

Bigbasket does accept diners, I think only on the website, although Citrus processes the payment, it does show up as bigbasket in the transactions.

Attachment 17055

vishalgupta22 Aug 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by bluecrabs (Post 27047606)
Bigbasket does accept diners, I think only on the website, although Citrus processes the payment, it does show up as bigbasket in the transactions.

Attachment 17055

this is what happens to me:
I place an order and when bigbasket takes me to payment page, I enter my diners card and the payment fails.

Then the order goes into COD mode and there is a pay now button, I click on it and payment is processed through citrus.

I am a little confused which of the 2 payment options is recognized by HDFC/Diners as bigbasket.

I will call customer care today and see if they can help

bluecrabs Aug 12, 2016 3:49 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 (Post 27052277)
this is what happens to me:
I place an order and when bigbasket takes me to payment page, I enter my diners card and the payment fails.

Then the order goes into COD mode and there is a pay now button, I click on it and payment is processed through citrus.

I am a little confused which of the 2 payment options is recognized by HDFC/Diners as bigbasket.

I will call customer care today and see if they can help

It doesn't fail for me and the payment goes thru on the first try.
And the screenshot I attached is from my transactions.. so does your transaction have the word bigbasket?

vishalgupta22 Aug 12, 2016 9:15 am

Originally Posted by bluecrabs (Post 27053146)
It doesn't fail for me and the payment goes thru on the first try.
And the screenshot I attached is from my transactions.. so does your transaction have the word bigbasket?

It shows the same to me:
CITRUS PAY BIGBASKET MUMBAI IN

Let's hope it works (though with extra points posting so late, it's painful to keep track). HDFC is not Chase, which makes it super easy to see bonus points with each transaction.

romania2007 Aug 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 (Post 27054238)
It shows the same to me:
CITRUS PAY BIGBASKET MUMBAI IN

Let's hope it works (though with extra points posting so late, it's painful to keep track). HDFC is not Chase, which makes it super easy to see bonus points with each transaction.

Are you comparing HDFC with Chase?