Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways Redemption -- 11 Month Wait Time??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Hi:
I am a frequent traveller and often use reward seats on various airlines. today, I called Jet Airways to redem my Jet Airways points -- a Business Class seat from new Delhi to Toronto (One Way). I was told that there is not a single seat available till March 2012 for this sector. Further more, I was told that I should book at least 11 months in advance for International flights!!

I have been travelling for over two decades and NEVER have I had to wait this long to redeem my points on ANY airline. Yes, several airlines are making it harder to get seats -- or charging more points to get award seats. But, Jet Airways takes the cake!!!

Anyone else have a similar experience? Any thoughts on how to escalate this -- will that even help??

Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Welcome to FT, CA-Frequent Traveller.
Availability of award seats in 9W is turning out to be a major gripe these days. A fellow member on the forum here is in the process of actually getting together a petition that's to be sent to the Chief of the airline, addressing this and a number of other related issues being faced by Jet Privilege members. Check the link below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airli...-petition.html
Old Aug 31, 2011, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CA-FrequentTraveller
I was told that I should book at least 11 months in advance for International flights!!
this is rubbish....you probably got a bad agent....

but redeeming miles on 9w is becoming a problem....
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:35 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
pls check up the website for award availability. you have to be slightly flexible for award dates. and then you may find a seat or two available in the sea of sold out dates there. i had to book award for july/august in march, but other options i saw were open till much later <no takers>
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
At the moment, getting rewards is a royal pain in the backside and even making regular bookings, Jet seem to charge upto 10% more than rivals in all classes.

Dont get me wrong, Jet ARE very good....but they sort of arrogant and it will cause them pain in the future.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Today I tried to redeem few Domestic Jet Konnect segments ( Non metro ATR Flights) - could not find any availability. So searched 3 months in and out - Still No availability.

Not even 1 open slot for 6 months duration is not a normal scenario.

Jet Airways needs to find a better way to manage award seats.

First More Jet Konnect flights, then JACC Devaluation then low redemption availability... Why can't Spicejet / Indigo offer a FF program?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:43 am

Really, that bad, huh? I thought availability through AA on the DEL-Europe sectors was decent even during the summer but maybe my info is old. Is 9W selling these seats or are they just managing inventory stupidly?

Last edited by abcx; Sep 7, 2011 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:25 pm
A2A

Originally Posted by abcx
Really, that bad, huh? I thought availability through on the DEL-Europe sectors was decent even during the summer but maybe my info is old. Is 9W selling these seats or are they just managing inventory stupidly?
Most times I have flown 9W (I fly from BOM) I have seen the premiere class full. Otherwise they do accomodate upgrades at the gate last minute. The problem is they know they are good, and they are arrogant about it! A flight I am shortly taking with them is sold out to BRU. So if my upgrade clears it will be a miracle. But I am still hoping as always!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:26 pm

If it does clear out that will be a miracle
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:52 pm
A2A

Originally Posted by planensimple
If it does clear out that will be a miracle
Some people in 9W are moving mountains to see if it clears. Though I am not sure if miracles happen :P But then they did get ground staff on the plane to collect a voucher from me and put me in the front one time last month.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:44 am

I guess even I need to look for some mountain movers then to help me out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.