Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

9W upgrade voucher, seat availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I have collected 8 of the required 10 vouchers to upgrade two economy tickets to business class from BOM-EWR (one way only). Are the award seats on Premiere shared by those doing miles upgrade and those doing voucher upgrades ? How many seats do you reckon are available in premiere for those who wish to upgrade using vouchers. The flight is planned for May and I am really thinking early about this.
Thanks!!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jaymerchi
I have collected 8 of the required 10 vouchers to upgrade two economy tickets to business class from BOM-EWR (one way only). Are the award seats on Premiere shared by those doing miles upgrade and those doing voucher upgrades ? How many seats do you reckon are available in premiere for those who wish to upgrade using vouchers. The flight is planned for May and I am really thinking early about this.
Thanks!!
9w allocates a certain number of seats per flight for award tickets, voucher & miles upgrades....i think its 4 seats for the bom-ewr sector....

you are right to plan ahead since the number of seats for awards & upgrades are very limited....

i use a particular travel agent to book all my tickets since they are extremely good with getting my voucher & miles upgrades through with 9w....if you are interested then i can pass on their details to you via pm....
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

That would excellent. Thanks a million.
So you reckon I should be fine if I collect the last two vouchers by the end of November. All this is through JACC miles accruals.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
That would excellent. Thanks a million.
So you reckon I should be fine if I collect the last two vouchers by the end of November. All this is through JACC miles accruals.
you would have to have all 10 vouchers before you can apply for an upgrade....jet requires all voucher numbers & expity dates before then begin the upgrade process....

just sent you a pm with the contact details for the ta....
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Got it!!
Appreciate the help saad
Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got it!!
Appreciate the help saad
glad to help....
Old Oct 22, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
LHR-BOM 9W F - oct 31st....here's the trouble...
doing 2 seperate tickets...ORD-LHR on AA F...and 2nd ticket LHR-BOM-LHR on 9W F..
AA said they wont issue BP for onward flight from LHR on 9W since it is a "seperate" ticket..have 2hrs connecting time...think its enuf to cross Passport control/switch terminals and still make it to check-in before the 1hr minimum time?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by galaticos
LHR-BOM 9W F - oct 31st....here's the trouble...
doing 2 seperate tickets...ORD-LHR on AA F...and 2nd ticket LHR-BOM-LHR on 9W F..
AA said they wont issue BP for onward flight from LHR on 9W since it is a "seperate" ticket..have 2hrs connecting time...think its enuf to cross Passport control/switch terminals and still make it to check-in before the 1hr minimum time?
you will be pushing it....i have done this once before....ny - lhr on ai & then lhr - del on ba....even i had about 2 hours to do this....i made it just in time & i would not recommend it to anyone....
Old Oct 23, 2010, 6:46 am

thanks mate....will push AA agent at ORD for through check...i have no carry on's...so hopefully its not that hard....
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks mate....will push AA agent at ORD for through check...i have no carry on's...so hopefully its not that hard....
what about checked baggage????
Old Oct 24, 2010, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by saad
what about checked baggage????
sorry..meant to say - i have no checked baggage...only Carry-on...hopefully can transit air-side...
Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sorry..meant to say - i have no checked baggage...only Carry-on...hopefully can transit air-side...
having no checked bag will definitely help....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.