Wiki Posts
Search

Kingfisher vs. Jet Airways

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC
Kingfisher vs. Jet Airways

I'm planning to fly London to Hong Kong with a few days stopover in India on the way. I'm considering either Kingfisher or Jet Airways (economy class). Both airlines have similar prices and similar flight timings so I'm not sure which to go for.

Could anyone who has flown that route with those airlines suggest a reason to pick one of them over the other?

Thanks.

Chris
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:30 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
IT is usually ranked higher than 9W. Also, with your CX status, it might come in handy when IT joins oneworld next year (if applicable).
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Chris Blunt
I'm planning to fly London to Hong Kong with a few days stopover in India on the way. I'm considering either Kingfisher or Jet Airways (economy class). Both airlines have similar prices and similar flight timings so I'm not sure which to go for.

Could anyone who has flown that route with those airlines suggest a reason to pick one of them over the other?

Thanks.

Chris
I believe 9W gives a more consistent service .. I believe there is some partnership between 9W and CX also, wherein u can fly one and earn miles on others ffp.. u may check that out also..@:-)
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
IT is usually ranked higher than 9W.
by who????9w is far superior in pretty much everything....

Also, with your CX status, it might come in handy when IT joins oneworld next year (if applicable).
that's true....this could be a benefit for the op....
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Chris Blunt

Thanks.

Chris
at the end of the day, both airlines offer the same comfort in economy class....however, jet is a far superior airline to kingfisher....their customer service & support team is much better than kingfisher....
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
IT is usually ranked higher than 9W. Also, with your CX status, it might come in handy when IT joins oneworld next year (if applicable).
I'm guessing the OP probably wants to travel before IT joins OW next year. In that case, if mileage is important, OP should fly 9W as those miles can be credited to Asia Miles. Mileage earn rates are as under:

https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/earn...000ad21c39RCRD

However, you will NOT earn Club Miles (status miles), only Asia Miles. Right now, ironically, flying on IT, a OW member-elect, will not get you any miles or any benefit on CX.

If mileage earning is not an issue, just fly whatever suits you best price and schedule wise. Some people say that IT is better, others say that 9W is better, and the difference between the two is really not significant. They are both excellent airlines, and either way you should have a good journey.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: Jet privilege,King Club, Miles&More,kris flyer
You may want to consider flying IT if you want to join either FFP (it seems the new Kingfisher FFP has some new cool features - good earn / burn rates, Platinum tier, catalouge redemption, etc). Also, my experience with them has been very classy and satisfying..
Old Oct 13, 2010, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

kingfisher has been going through some problems & have had to cancel a number of flights recently....you may want to keep that in mind as well....
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by saad
kingfisher has been going through some problems & have had to cancel a number of flights recently....you may want to keep that in mind as well....
+1. And on the other hand, Jet has been bringing a part of their low-cost ops back to full service. I vote Jet.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:29 pm

i also vote jet, from wat i have heard about international sectors they are better.

from my own opinion flying through them domestically i think they are the better choice...hope that helps
Old Oct 16, 2010, 1:33 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by saad
by who????9w is far superior in pretty much everything....
Quite a number of trip reports note that IT is better than 9W, which is also seen from the awards IT won. Best Airline - India went to IT and it's also a 5* airline vs. 4* for 9W.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 2:00 am
Suspended

9W > IT

(imvho)

Old Oct 17, 2010, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite a number of trip reports note that IT is better than 9W, which is also seen from the awards IT won. Best Airline - India went to IT and it's also a 5* airline vs. 4* for 9W.
i am on close to 120 flights a year combined on both these airlines....both international & domestic....i can safely say that besides seat comfort on the domestic sector, 9w trumps kingfisher in every other department....
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC
It seems there are no major factors that make it an easy choice, so in the end I booked with Jet Airways (9W) as they appear to be the preferred choice in this thread. They were slightly more expensive than Kingfisher, but their schedule was a bit more convenient for me.

Unfortunately, the class of ticket I purchased didn't entitle me to any mileage accrual to my CX Marco Polo account, so too bad about that. One thing that did surprise me was that even with the a discounted economy ticket they still give 35kgs checked baggage allowance.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and suggestions. I really appreciate all the contributions made.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
9w is way better that kingfisher

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.