Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Konnect - partial withdrawal?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Jet Konnect - partial withdrawal?

Looking at booking some tickets on MAA-BOM-MAA in October through December. All SEVEN flights on both sectors show full service flights. No Konnect ! However, for September 3 out of the 7 are Konnect, Some kind of turnaround happening? Any inside news?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
haven't heard anything at the moment....was just on 2 konnect select flights over the last couple of days....
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:18 am

Programs: 9w PLT
Yep - looks like they are looking to reduce Konnect and move more to full service. The economy is back in action you see
http://epaper.livemint.com/Default.a...4C6F436E58673D
Old Sep 22, 2010, 4:11 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Is this a change across all sectors..??
Old Sep 22, 2010, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
have been using the konnect select service quite regularly as of late....i think i'm beginning to like it....
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Accor Live Limitless Diamond
noticed same on DEL-MAA

I am booked on DEL-MAA in January, and when I booked a couple months ago, all flights but one were Konnect. Now, on the day I'm travelling, all but one are full-service.

Of course, the flight I'm on is still the one Konnect flight! I think I'll stay where I am and hope they change it to full-service, so I don't have to pay the difference. I could switch to a similarly-timed full-service flight but would have to pay more.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
They had to do something with Kingfisher Red offering so much more than Jet KONNECT.

Im hoping good riddance to both KONNNECT and RRED and the return to the full service standards from a few years ago.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by d3vski
They had to do something with Kingfisher Red offering so much more than Jet KONNECT.

Im hoping good riddance to both KONNNECT and RRED and the return to the full service standards from a few years ago.
i don't think they can get rid of red & konnect....but they should definitely reduce the number of flights....
Old Sep 25, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by rajeevpn
Yep - looks like they are looking to reduce Konnect and move more to full service. The economy is back in action you see
http://epaper.livemint.com/Default.a...4C6F436E58673D
Great to hear!

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Looking at booking some tickets on MAA-BOM-MAA in October through December. All SEVEN flights on both sectors show full service flights. No Konnect ! However, for September 3 out of the 7 are Konnect, Some kind of turnaround happening? Any inside news?
I only saw massive amounts of Konnect to MAA recently - haven't planned any other trips lately, but good to hear!

Originally Posted by saad
have been using the konnect select service quite regularly as of late....i think i'm beginning to like it....
Me too - the coffee is better than the hopeless thermos stuff!

Originally Posted by d3vski

+1! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.