Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Vs BA - excess baggage charges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Jet Vs BA - excess baggage charges

What a joke Jet has become - 1400 INR per excess KG for BOM-LHR - this implies a y class one way fare of 95k INR - good luck filling those seats.

To compare I was able to pre-book excess baggage (online no less) through BA - for 4000 INR for 23KG (1 extra checked bag).

I am Platinum on Jet and Gold on BAEC; The problem I have is the lack of transparency over their charges. I wrote to Jet GR but they just brushed me off as if i was an irritant.

Last time I fly Jet as the BOM LHR route is now better served by BA/IT. Another Jet flier with elite status out the door.......
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
inr 1,400 seems a bit high....but i would not stop traveling with them just for this reason alone....
Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Wow - cannot believe that Jet did this to a Plat!

However, I have noted that the LHR (outsourced?) staff are sub-standard, in my limited experience...
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Wow - cannot believe that Jet did this to a Plat!

However, I have noted that the LHR (outsourced?) staff are sub-standard, in my limited experience...
that is true....i have had issues with the staff in lhr as well....
Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: 9W Silver
Originally Posted by plastikman
What a joke Jet has become - 1400 INR per excess KG for BOM-LHR - this implies a y class one way fare of 95k INR - good luck filling those seats.

To compare I was able to pre-book excess baggage (online no less) through BA - for 4000 INR for 23KG (1 extra checked bag).

I am Platinum on Jet and Gold on BAEC; The problem I have is the lack of transparency over their charges. I wrote to Jet GR but they just brushed me off as if i was an irritant.

Last time I fly Jet as the BOM LHR route is now better served by BA/IT. Another Jet flier with elite status out the door.......
Don't you get 20kgs extra as platinum? INR 1400 is quite ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.