Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Kingfisher drops HYD <> DEL flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat

I was booked on IT 802 and 803 rt between DEL and HYD, and without so much as an email, had my flights rescheduled to 801 and 804, which is about a 12h time difference, so I had to switch to 9W. Thank goodness I checked my itinerary again. Does anyone know if these flights are dropped permanently? Not that I am eager to be back on Kingfisher after this...
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:19 pm

All four flights IT801, IT802, IT803, and IT804 seem to be bookable for Q2 2011, so I assume they're not permanently dropping any of these flights.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
Lately (i.e. past year or so)..it seems that IT is canceling alot of flights (reducing capacity) without much of an advance notice (and all they would do is refund the ticket..not protect on another carrier). I bet they publish a schedule to keep the slots then "cancel" the flights and consolidate 2 flights to 1.. Isn't IT hurting financially?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by haricharan
Lately (i.e. past year or so)..it seems that IT is canceling alot of flights (reducing capacity) without much of an advance notice (and all they would do is refund the ticket..not protect on another carrier). I bet they publish a schedule to keep the slots then "cancel" the flights and consolidate 2 flights to 1.. Isn't IT hurting financially?
KF is in quite a bad shape actually..they r not even able to pay for the fuel for the planes and have been put on cash and carry buy the oil cos in india..!!!

chk this out for more details as also some other threads in the airlines of india forum..http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airli...ded-a320s.html
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by starflyer
All four flights IT801, IT802, IT803, and IT804 seem to be bookable for Q2 2011, so I assume they're not permanently dropping any of these flights.
2011Q2 and beyond are default schedule, that's why they're bookable.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jiml1126
2011Q2 and beyond are default schedule, that's why they're bookable.
exactly....

i am avoiding all kingfisher flights at the moment....they need to pull themselves out of this situation quick....
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by jules1651
I was booked on IT 802 and 803 rt between DEL and HYD, and without so much as an email, had my flights rescheduled to 801 and 804, which is about a 12h time difference, so I had to switch to 9W. Thank goodness I checked my itinerary again. Does anyone know if these flights are dropped permanently? Not that I am eager to be back on Kingfisher after this...
What's your travel date?

IT802/803 is to be back on 01OCT10 and 3rd daily from 31OCT10
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by jiml1126
What's your travel date?

IT802/803 is to be back on 01OCT10 and 3rd daily from 31OCT10
I would not trust the above dates at present and if I hv an option, I will make bookings in other airlines..whtever be my dates, I will avoid KF at present .. lately seeing a lot of abrupt cancellations from them and all last minute and they only try to refund the fare amount to u and not get u on another airline
Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:27 am

They cancelled my MAA-DEL flight too, so I can't connect to my DEL-LHR .. they told me they'd contact me, but I still haven't heard from them.

Gonna call them tomorrow and get this settled. (Gonna take the refund, and book on Etihad)
Old Sep 6, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
These cancellations are nothing new for KF. Bout a year back, my brother was booked MAA - DEL (KF) & DEL - EWR (Continental)..was a cheap economy ticket booked via Yatra. This, after we shopped around a bit for a cheap deal, without too many stops.

The original routing was the evening flight to DEL and there were a few hours to spare before he would have to catch the long haul to EWR. KF without any warning whatsoever cancelled this evening flight and booked him on the morning flight, which as a result left him with 12+ hours to kill in DEL airport...!! No reasons were given and they refused to put him on another carrier that evening..Yatra wasn't any better either with regard to resolving this issue and at the end of it all, just had to go with this crap morning flight option...

So, it's normal practice for KF i guess...
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by saad
exactly....

i am avoiding all kingfisher flights at the moment....they need to pull themselves out of this situation quick....
I hope they don't turn out to be another Mexicana.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I hope they don't turn out to be another Mexicana.
they shouldn't be....they are still doing a lot of positive things like the ba code share & adding more international routes....so i expect them to come out of this funk sooner rather than later....
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by saad
they shouldn't be....they are still doing a lot of positive things like the ba code share & adding more international routes....so i expect them to come out of this funk sooner rather than later....
While I do agree they aren't likely to go bust any time soon, there's a strange, disquieting quietness about IT lately. Very different from 9W, that's been tom-tomming anything and everything, sending out mailers by post, email notices, etc, always being in the news and screaming for eyeball attention. Something's up, and I'd like to know what.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.