Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jet airways trying to expand

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dt77
um for the first part of ur response...i always thought 9W is better suited for oneworld, as they have many partnerships with american airlines, being in their terminal at JFK, at LHR their codeshares. Now i kno that you will say that 9W also has many codeshares with *A, but due to Air India joining and the government stopping the expansion of 9W i feel that this will not be a good move, and the alliance is not as integrate and close i feel as the oneworld alliance.
Code sharing with an airline is not an indication of joining an alliance. There literally scores of example. Both 9W and IT have partnership with Skyteam airlines also. These are marriages of convenience. Even membershi doesn;t last for ever. NW and US had a partnership. Now NW has merged with DL and US is in * alliance. US also parnered with BA at the same time that it partnered with BA.

2nd....i highly doubt aa and us will become 1, aa is waiting for the chance to merge with ba - ib, this is what i think. And yes 9W and IT's network is close but with their alliance working in their home ground, india maybe being in the same alliance can allow them to expand this alliance to benefit both of them
AA US merger is far more likely that AA BA merger. It would happen only if AA owned BA, not the other way around.
That AA would become number one if it acquired US is not an argument, Some airline has to be number one. The number one position depends on what your criterion is. None of your arguments has anything to do with "why 9W is better suited for One World. It's your opinion, that;s not backed by any rational argument.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:07 am
Original Poster

as i did say
Now i kno that you will say that 9W also has many codeshares with *A, but due to Air India joining and the government stopping the expansion of 9W i feel that this will not be a good move, and the alliance is not as integrate and close i feel as the oneworld alliance.
Sky team is also another contender for an indian airline to join into. And in the end there will be more than one airline in each alliance due to the huge number of indian airlines, which are deciding to fly international therefore will also be looking for an alliance.

i understand what you say also, it might just be my opinion but there were some reason that i have displayed in previous answers. If you dont mind what alliance do you think 9W should belong to?

with the aa topic, there is another thread actually debating the same opinion i have and that you have.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:22 am
Suspended

as i did say
Sky team is also another contender for an indian airline to join into. And in the end there will be more than one airline in each alliance due to the huge number of indian airlines, which are deciding to fly international therefore will also be looking for an alliance.
There are only three proper (full service) airlines. The rest are LCC. I am sure you will agree that an LCC and a full service airline are different things.
i understand what you say also, it might just be my opinion but there were some reason that i have displayed in previous answers. If you dont mind what alliance do you think 9W should belong to?
I don't care which alliance w9 should belong to. It makes little difference to my personal plans of travel. I am sitting on the fence.Why do you ask me a question without answering mine? I asked you if you belonged to One World? I have heard people say derisively that AI should join Skyteam because Skyteam deserves AI. However bad Skytean might be, AI is better in many respects than U.S./European members of all three alliances.
with the aa topic, there is another thread actually debating the same opinion i have and that you have.
Since the sky is blue, 9W is better suited to joining skyteam. Why? Because skyteam contains sky from he blue sky. That's the level of your argument. The sky is blue---truth. Skyteam contains "sky". --truth. Every member of Skyteam flies jets, in the sky. Jet Airways also has the word jet in its name. Therefor Jet Airways is more suited to joining Skyteam.
Unrelated truths don't make an argument. They don't lead to the ridiculous conclusion.

Last edited by Yaatri; Aug 29, 2010 at 9:45 am
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Since the sky is blue, 9W is better suited to joining skyteam. Why? Because skyteam contains sky from he blue sky. That's the level of your argument. The sky is blue---truth. Skyteam contains "sky". --truth. Every member of Skyteam flies jets, in the sky. Jet Airways also has the word jet in its name. Therefor Jet Airways is more suited to joining Skyteam.
Unrelated truths don't make an argument. They don't lead to the ridiculous conclusion.
hilarious....
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:53 am
Original Poster

i really dont think that this is the so called argument i have used to get to this conclusion.

And to answer your previous question, no i am not part of one world alliance, and what ever alliance jet airways might choose it would not affect me.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:19 pm
Suspended

i really dont think that this is the so called argument i have used to get to this conclusion.

And to answer your previous question, no i am not part of one world alliance, and what ever alliance jet airways might choose it would not affect me.
Your argument is similar, though not quite that extreme. Your argument, nay opinion, is based on the fact that 9W and AA share some common aspects, say, code share flights. Commonality is the crux of your argument. I have given some extreme examples of commonality to show how it leads to absurd conclusion. Reductio ad absurdum
If you have preference to fly on airline which belongs to an alliance, you belong to an alliance. Most major airlines belong to an alliance.

Last edited by Yaatri; Sep 2, 2010 at 9:25 pm
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:26 pm
Suspended

My source, which is generally quite reliable tells me that 9W is going to join Skyteam. We can't be sure until 9W has made an announcement.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Yaatri
My source, which is generally quite reliable tells me that 9W is going to join Skyteam. We can't be sure until 9W has made an announcement.
i have heard similar things from my sources as well....
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
No disrespect to either Saad or Yaatri but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that Jet look likely to end up with Skyteam.

India may have a large population but distance wise, the longest flight is 3-3 1/2 hours long. All OW and *A need is one Indian airline with a hub and multiple international airlines feeding the hubs for domestic transfers.

*A have Lufty, Swiss, SQ. TG etc feeding AI DEL and BOM hubs plus a few focus cities in the south as well.

OW will have BA, CX, RJ feeding IT hub at BOM and a sort of mini hub at BLR and DEL.

Neither OW or *A need a second carrier and that means that Jet will have to live with Skyteam.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by d3vski
No disrespect to either Saad or Yaatri but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that Jet look likely to end up with Skyteam.

India may have a large population but distance wise, the longest flight is 3-3 1/2 hours long. All OW and *A need is one Indian airline with a hub and multiple international airlines feeding the hubs for domestic transfers.

*A have Lufty, Swiss, SQ. TG etc feeding AI DEL and BOM hubs plus a few focus cities in the south as well.

OW will have BA, CX, RJ feeding IT hub at BOM and a sort of mini hub at BLR and DEL.

Neither OW or *A need a second carrier and that means that Jet will have to live with Skyteam.
lets hope it works out....just because its likely doesn't mean its certain....
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:19 am
Suspended

There is really no reason for you to apologise, especially since you are in agreement with us. The only difference is that you said "is likely to" and we, "is going to"That's a very sensible argument. I think you have not been paying attention to the arguments presented by dt77. What takes people to argue that it's logical for 9W to join * or One World.
Yes, but people who fly 9W don't want to, and it has been said too often that neither does 9W.
If denying Skyteam an Indian partner is to their benefit, * and One would welcome 9W into their fold. But that would be cutting your nose to spite the face.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M

+1, so wish it wasn't though. That all thats leftover (pun intended ). Hope their partnership with AA and UA don't get nipped though.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by UA Fan
+1, so wish it wasn't though. That all thats leftover (pun intended ). Hope their partnership with AA and UA don't get nipped though.
Well, if 9W does join Skyteam, those partnerships are unlikely to survive.

This alliance makes not just sense, but would be essential for both Skyteam and Jet to gain or keep market share to and from and in India.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.