Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI catering ex-Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2010, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

AI catering ex-Toronto

I have only flown on Air India a couple of times, but most reviews I have read almost always state that Air India serves excellent food. I recently flew Air India on YYZ- LHR in Y and I was not impressed by the catering. It was definitely a step below 9W, which I fly relatively more frequently. In fact, it was really bad. I generally have low expectations of catering ex-YYZ, having flown in both BA and AC, but this was on par with AC, which is the the worst in terms of Y-class catering. Edible, but my finest margin possible.

Who provides this catering? For what its worth, the meals ex-LHR were a lot better than I expected (albeit in J). When I was travelling in China, one of the guidebooks recommended an Indian restaurant in Shanghai simply on the basis that it provided catering for Air India. Hence my surprise.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
while i have not flown air india economy in a long time, their food in business is really good....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.