Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Copies Lufthansa's Baggage Allowance TATL in Y (Bad)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Copies Lufthansa's Baggage Allowance TATL in Y (Bad)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Thumbs down Jet Copies Lufthansa's Baggage Allowance TATL in Y (Bad)

Just saw this, although I'm not flying Jet TATL, or planning to - was just doing some research for another FT'er:

"Trans Atlantic checked-in baggage policy

Effective Novenber 15 2009, Guests who purchase Economy Class tickets may check one bag for no charge and a second bag for USD 50 Ex-US and EUR 50 Ex-Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg/France within the acceptable size and limitations."

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Plan...Allowance.aspx

This is amazing - copying LH's ridiculous move to the piece concept system!

Can anyone comment further, as to why this is happening, and whether sanctioned by IATA?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Interesting - I don't remember anyone reporting this earlier. There doesn't seem to be any statement about waivers for elites, so it seems that everyone in Y has 1 less free bag.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Interesting - I don't remember anyone reporting this earlier. There doesn't seem to be any statement about waivers for elites, so it seems that everyone in Y has 1 less free bag.
Yes, very (blank) interesting!!

At least LH has the courtesy to state the exemptions for their elites, FTL, SEN's and of course, HON's...
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes, very (blank) interesting!!
I only said it was interesting since it's been over two months since it went into effect and no one seems to have brought up the issue.

A family member travelled on 9W connecting to AA on Nov. 15 and they were not charged the second bag fee (no 9W status). Granted, the 9W segment was domestic, but the itinerary was India-US.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:32 am
Original Poster

I only said it was interesting since it's been over two months since it went into effect and no one seems to have brought up the issue.
That comment was direct to Jet, btw - not to you!

A family member travelled on 9W connecting to AA on Nov. 15 and they were not charged the second bag fee (no 9W status). Granted, the 9W segment was domestic, but the itinerary was India-US.
9w domestic still practices lenient baggage policies for international connections, AFAIK - keeping pax happy when they use Jet domestically, and therefore would reap goodwill if they booked Jet internationally - until they get surcharged at EWR and/or BOM!
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
By the looks of what the language of the policy reads, it seems that this is only for segments booked to USA/Canada out of Europe. Don't suppose it should apply for ex-India cases.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
By the looks of what the language of the policy reads, it seems that this is only for segments booked to USA/Canada out of Europe. Don't suppose it should apply for ex-India cases.
Let's hope not, but if you're going EWR/JFK/YYZ to or via Europe, they might enforce this...
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Just confirmed with 9W - and the same can be seen on tickets bought under allowance column:
INDIA-USA-INDIA is still 2pc, given that most of the competition hasn't changed (2pc of 23kgs/50lbs each)
EUROPE-USA-EUROPE tickets and
USA-EUROPE-USA (that TATL alone, no continuation to India) are 1pc

USA-INDIA-USA are 2pc

there is no change to premium cabin which is 3pc for all PC concept flights

Also - Jet Silver, Gold and Platinum are entitled to 1pc of 23kg in addition to their standard allowance.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Just for reference, checked SK's new rules on their site, and they are saying the same thing, probably only for TATL, but could be for all their routes! (Have to go back to their site, but don't really want or need to! )

PS: Does anyone want to PM or EM me some good 9w routings ex-Denmark to BOM?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
sorry....wrong post....

deleted....

Last edited by Keyser; Jul 14, 2010 at 2:46 am
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
SFB since when did you start flying Y
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lallyr
SFB since when did you start flying Y
Most of my tickets are booked in Y!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Most of my tickets are booked in Y!
i hear you....when traveling for work, all my tickets are in either business or first....when traveling on my own dime, all my tickets are booked in y & then i get upgraded either through vouchers or miles or through contacts at the airline....if i'm paying myself then i never buy a business or first ticket....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.