Wiki Posts
Search

AI cancelled SIN-BLR flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2010, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
AI cancelled SIN-BLR flight

On 17th Aug ticketed to fly the morning SIN-BLR on AI in J. Have just recieved an email from AI saying they have cancelled this flight.
From my hundreds of flights I have been fortunate enough to not have had this problem before. They have offered to book me via MAA which does not suit as arrival into BLR is too late for my meetings. So my question is what should I epect from AI now to resolve my challenge.
Will they transfer me to the SQ flight on the night of the 16th in J?
How easy is it in dealing with AI in resolving this sort of problem?
Look forward to your suggestions.
WLGNZ
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:20 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
The AI in SIN is not a representation of the AI in other locations, so from my prior experiences with AI, if something goes wrong, then you HAVE to go down to the city office. I don't think they realize they have a phone in their office
Old Aug 8, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
On 17th Aug ticketed to fly the morning SIN-BLR on AI in J. Have just recieved an email from AI saying they have cancelled this flight.
From my hundreds of flights I have been fortunate enough to not have had this problem before. They have offered to book me via MAA which does not suit as arrival into BLR is too late for my meetings. So my question is what should I epect from AI now to resolve my challenge.
Will they transfer me to the SQ flight on the night of the 16th in J?
How easy is it in dealing with AI in resolving this sort of problem?
Look forward to your suggestions.
WLGNZ
In general, any airline will (to some extent, rightly) believe that their responsibility ends with moving pax from A to B, and related issues (meeting in your case) don't matter. However, as J, you normally expect some kind of service. Having said that, this is AI. Be prepared for the long-haul negotiations with them.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by e-aviation
The AI in SIN is not a representation of the AI in other locations, so from my prior experiences with AI, if something goes wrong, then you HAVE to go down to the city office. I don't think they realize they have a phone in their office
unfortunately this is true....if you make it to their office then they might be able to help you out....
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Thanks for the feedback.
I fly into SIN 14 hours before the cancelled flight so will not be able to make it to their office to find a fix. Looks like I will cancel and claim trvael insurance to cover another option.
WLGNZ
Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by saad
unfortunately this is true....if you make it to their office then they might be able to help you out....
Lol
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Thanks for the feedback.
I fly into SIN 14 hours before the cancelled flight so will not be able to make it to their office to find a fix. Looks like I will cancel and claim trvael insurance to cover another option.
WLGNZ
probably your best bet....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.