Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Ticketing on 9W/IT: DEL to JFK with stops in LHR each way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:03 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!

So I am looking to book a DEL-LHR-JFK-LHR-DEL in Business Class. The stopover in LHR will be about a month long, and needed in each direction.

Obviously BA offers the easiest options re. ticketing. (Prices circa 170k INR in a restricted all BA Business fare.)

However I'd prefer the DEL-LHR & LHR-DEL segments to be on 9W preferably, or IT as a second choice. Any oneworld or star alliance carrier is acceptable for the LHR-NYC-LHR segments...

Any suggestions? A 9W-BA combo J ticket seems to cost closer to 300k! While a simple DEL-JFK without stopovers starts at 140k in J on OS/LX...

I'm also struggling with a good ex. India online booking engine that allows 4 segments to be entered. Any recommendations for a good TA, preferably DEL based?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
I know i harp on about it but i do find that Southall Travel are very reasonable.

0844 855 8001.

I have seen pax doing BOM-LHR-JFK/ORD/BOS combinations with IT/AA before so im sure that they can put together a similar package in J class.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by d3vski
I know i harp on about it but i do find that Southall Travel are very reasonable.

0844 855 8001.

I have seen pax doing BOM-LHR-JFK/ORD/BOS combinations with IT/AA before so im sure that they can put together a similar package in J class.
Thanks. The chap I spoke to earlier said they were only willing to ticket ex UK itineraries, and that they did not have access to special fares with points of origin outside the UK.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
How about purchasing a DEL-BRU-JFK on 9W and then take the Eurostar to London? It will add on several hours on the journey but you will be able to get 9W all the way.

Bonus is that it will take you into the heart of London.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Too much luggage to be able to pleasantly do the BRU <-> Midi <-> St Pancras trek.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
i would actually try ticketing as two separate trips..DEL-LHR-DEL and LHR-JFK-LHR..

i often ticket it like ORD-LHR-ORD in AA J and then LHR-BOM-LHR in 9w F or something..have found this to be optimum pricing wise... + stand-alone LHR-JFK-LHR ticket will be quite cheap given the competition...AA had a sale few days ago and they were doing USD 1000 each way in J ...take a look..
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: 9w PLT
Originally Posted by AJLondon
So I am looking to book a DEL-LHR-JFK-LHR-DEL in Business Class. The stopover in LHR will be about a month long, and needed in each direction.

Obviously BA offers the easiest options re. ticketing. (Prices circa 170k INR in a restricted all BA Business fare.)

However I'd prefer the DEL-LHR & LHR-DEL segments to be on 9W preferably, or IT as a second choice. Any oneworld or star alliance carrier is acceptable for the LHR-NYC-LHR segments...

Any suggestions? A 9W-BA combo J ticket seems to cost closer to 300k! While a simple DEL-JFK without stopovers starts at 140k in J on OS/LX...

I'm also struggling with a good ex. India online booking engine that allows 4 segments to be entered. Any recommendations for a good TA, preferably DEL based?
Try http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch. While it's not an online 'booking' engine, it sure does come up with interesting routing and pricing options and your agent/ airline can take that info. just make sure you read the manual so you are able to make 9w your preferred carrier. Combined with the 2 RT suggestion I think you might find yourself a great deal
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
I can see fares starting INR 207k on DEL-LHR-BRU-JFK and return, with the LHR-BRU-LHR on BMI. Naturally, the fare comes with its own restrictions.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by d3vski
How about purchasing a DEL-BRU-JFK on 9W and then take the Eurostar to London? It will add on several hours on the journey but you will be able to get 9W all the way.

Bonus is that it will take you into the heart of London.
i do this atleast 2-3 times a year but instead of taking the eurostar i fly ba between lhr-bru....

this option will add about inr 10k to the jet price from del-jfk....
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saad
i do this atleast 2-3 times a year but instead of taking the eurostar i fly ba between lhr-bru....

this option will add about inr 10k to the jet price from del-jfk....
Hmmm, any experiences of how the thru check-in of baggage works with 9W at DEL and BA at LHR? I can see BA at LHR being a little antsy with separate tickets, even despite the BA Gold card.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hmmm, any experiences of how the thru check-in of baggage works with 9W at DEL and BA at LHR? I can see BA at LHR being a little antsy with separate tickets, even despite the BA Gold card.
my ticketing is usually del-bru-lhr-bru-jfk....

i always manage to thru check-in my luggage from del-lhr, even though i'm flying on a different airline from bru-lhr....

on the way back i have to spend the night in bru, since there is no flight i can take early in the morning that would get me to bru in time to catch the 9w connection to jfk....so i never tried to thru check-in my luggage since i normally need a bunch of things from my bag during the night in bru....i just walk across the street to the sheraton for a good night sleep & then am back in the morning to catch my bru-jfk connection....
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Jet can check in your luggage even if you are on two tickets. So you can buy your BRU-LHR on your own if you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.