Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KF A321 boarded up?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

KF A321 boarded up?

This morning at DEL I saw three KF A321s boarded up with engine covers and Blinds on the cockpit windows. Does anyone know what's up with KF?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
maybe the planes were getting some shut eye after a long flight....
Old Aug 3, 2010, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saad
maybe the planes were getting some shut eye after a long flight....
very droll.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
IT had very agressive expansion plans which got scaled back last year. VT-KFN and KFP are two A321s in storage:

http://airfleets.net/flottecie/Kingf...20Airlines.htm

A few other A340/330, A32S and of course the A380 orders/deliveries have been 'pushed back' too.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:23 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Heard from a mate of mine that works with the airline that they had sent back some of the 'air deccan' aircrafts that were on lease.. all as part of efforts to trim the company from what i gather..
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Out of the 25 A320 DN had, only 10 remain with Kingfisher Red.

http://airfleets.net/flottecie/Air%20Deccan.htm
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Some of the A321 were very top heavy. If i remember correctly, they had about 32 J seats (Proper 8 rows of 2x2 J seats not european 3x3 Y seats with middle blocked).

The economic crash made them very hard to fill up.

Maybe just maybe we may see them making a return. They should come in handy if IT decide to increase premium seats to places like DXB without putting on a widebody.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I don't know - but we had a (9w) 77w operating yesterday BOM-DEL as a sub for a mechanical in DEL, and it was *full*. (well, a couple of J seats open, but the flight was very well packed for a 0700 flight!)

What a pleasure it was to sit in J on this flight, in my favourite seat, no less!

It was a lucky day - coming back with Naresh Goyal sitting in front of me (2 port side seats blocked), but he spent all the time in the cockpit - probably didn't want to see the deteriorating 73w cabins...

I think we can safely say that the flyers are back on board, so there shouldn't be any reason not to have such aircraft operating due to the seats - or maybe IT isn't doing that well??
Old Aug 7, 2010, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
It was a lucky day - coming back with Naresh Goyal sitting in front of me
i've been on the same flight with him 3 times....each time was between del-dxb....
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:27 am

I don't know - but we had a (9w) 77w operating yesterday BOM-DEL as a sub for a mechanical in DEL, and it was *full*. (well, a couple of J seats open, but the flight was very well packed for a 0700 flight!)

I think we can safely say that the flyers are back on board, so there shouldn't be any reason not to have such aircraft operating due to the seats - or maybe IT isn't doing that well??
I doubt a good response to the low yield BOM-DEL route (which sees very agressive price wars) is an indicator that traffic is back, atleast the high yield one that would pay for the lease of the IT A321 (these contracts were done at the peak of the boom).
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

What a pleasure it was to sit in J on this flight, in my favourite seat, no less!

It was a lucky day - coming back with Naresh Goyal sitting in front of me (2 port side seats blocked), but he spent all the time in the cockpit - probably didn't want to see the deteriorating 73w cabins...

Wow 77W huh. What did they do with the F cabin?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by lallyr
Wow 77W huh. What did they do with the F cabin?
It went empty, as we had just enough J pax...

I thought I could get into F, but I get to the airport last-minute - anyway, for a 0700 flight, I only got 3 hours of sleep that night!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
It went empty, as we had just enough J pax...

I thought I could get into F, but I get to the airport last-minute - anyway, for a 0700 flight, I only got 3 hours of sleep that night!
I once flew a empty A330 from ATQ to DEL. It was the weirdest flight ever.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lallyr
I once flew a empty A330 from ATQ to DEL. It was the weirdest flight ever.
i can imagine....i've flown a number of times when i was the only passenger in f or j....but my weirdest experience was when a few days after 9/11 i flew jfk-pit & there were only 3 passengers on board....
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:46 am

Programs: 9W Plat, LH Sen, IT Gold, SPG.com Gold
Originally Posted by rsh913
This morning at DEL I saw three KF A321s boarded up with engine covers and Blinds on the cockpit windows. Does anyone know what's up with KF?
Perhaps something to do with KF's cash flow problems? They've been put on cash and carry by the oil companies and now by both the Delhi and Mumbai airports....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.