Search

9W J seat on 77w

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:34 pm
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various
9W J seat on 77w

Quick question for anyone who is familiar with Jets 77W biz layout.
I heard that there is a movable partition between the 2 seats in the centre (D,G). Can anyone confirm if this correct and if so does it make the centre seats suitable for a couple travelling together?

If not, is the general advice to go for consecutive rows (ie 6A, 6B) or go across the aisle?

thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
yes there is a movable partition & its very suitable for a couple traveling together....
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Saad, I know you travel a lot so could i ask a favour? Would you be able to take a picture or video or both to show how suitable it is for a couple? I personally do not have a high opinion of Herringbone seats with regards to flying as a couple so any evidence to the contrary will help to dispel my fears. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by d3vski
Saad, I know you travel a lot so could i ask a favour? Would you be able to take a picture or video or both to show how suitable it is for a couple? I personally do not have a high opinion of Herringbone seats with regards to flying as a couple so any evidence to the contrary will help to dispel my fears. Thanks in advance.
unfortunately i have no international travel this month & have multiple trips to dubai & singapore in september & october....so this won't help you....but in case i'm headed back to either the US or london then i'll be sure to take both a picture & a video....
Old Aug 6, 2010, 2:13 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by saad
yes there is a movable partition & its very suitable for a couple traveling together....
Originally Posted by soy
I heard that there is a movable partition between the 2 seats in the centre (D,G). Can anyone confirm if this correct and if so does it make the centre seats suitable for a couple travelling together?

If not, is the general advice to go for consecutive rows (ie 6A, 6B) or go across the aisle?

I would say across the aisle, as you sort of face each other, and have a semi-full view of each other.

If you want to sit with your heads closer together and speak quietly, the center row with the partition down is better.

Note that both will have to turn their heads more than 45 degrees to face each other and/or twist your bodies around a bit, but why not block the 2 center seats, then hope for some open seats in J for you to experiment?

You could always request to switch inside the a/c if someone would be willing...

Originally Posted by saad
....but in case i'm headed back to either the US or london then i'll be sure to take both a picture & a video....
US routes only have the A332, AFAIK.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:06 am
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various
thanks to Saad and SFB for your input. I have found some photos of the cabin http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...in/172126/1/#1 over on A.net and am leaning towards SFB's suggestion to sit across the aisle. It is a night flight so probably be sleeping mostly.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by soy
thanks to Saad and SFB for your input. I have found some photos of the cabin http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...in/172126/1/#1 over on A.net and am leaning towards SFB's suggestion to sit across the aisle. It is a night flight so probably be sleeping mostly.
Just read some of the review - I can attest that Niraj is indeed one of the great 9w crewmembers! ^
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soy
i love this guy's post....really good....
Old Aug 7, 2010, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by soy

I flew alone on the 77W DEL - LHR return in J in November. The angle of the seat is a bit odd, but most couples preferred to sit across the aisle from each other. One couple switched from two middle seats to one window and one aisle seats. The seats angly outwards, so even with the middle partition down, it will require some stretching.

I would recommend going across the aisle.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 5:13 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by yulred
I flew alone on the 77W DEL - LHR return in J in November. The angle of the seat is a bit odd, but most couples preferred to sit across the aisle from each other. One couple switched from two middle seats to one window and one aisle seats. The seats angly outwards, so even with the middle partition down, it will require some stretching.

I would recommend going across the aisle.
That's quite true. The middle seats are quite inconvenient for a couple, because in the main, it is almost a back-to-back seating. Definitely prefer aisle+middle combo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.