Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Suddenly Jet Exit Rows Are Now Row 18??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat

What's the deal - have they reconfigured seating for less pitch on 9w mainline, or are they new seats that save space?? (Rows 16/17/18? 73w?)

It used to be that all a/c were either 14/15/16 for exit rows, and now this has obviously changed!

(Not talking about Konnect, where EE's are Row 20, I think!)

Edited To Add: If this is the same old config as maybe 5-6 years ago SIN-BOM on 73w, then we had ZERO leg space...but I doubt it!

This *was* indeed an a/c operating internationally on 2 sectors today + 1 tonight, including the domestic one I was on.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:36 am

Programs: 9w PLT
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
What's the deal - have they reconfigured seating for less pitch on 9w mainline, or are they new seats that save space?? (Rows 16/17/18? 73w?)

It used to be that all a/c were either 14/15/16 for exit rows, and now this has obviously changed!

(Not talking about Konnect, where EE's are Row 20, I think!)

Edited To Add: If this is the same old config as maybe 5-6 years ago SIN-BOM on 73w, then we had ZERO leg space...but I doubt it!

This *was* indeed an a/c operating internationally on 2 sectors today + 1 tonight, including the domestic one I was on.
I've been on row 18 a few times the last couple months and they seem perfectly fine. I wonder what they did to change it though. Perhaps some re-numbering with the J-Y reconfig?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rajeevpn
Perhaps some re-numbering with the J-Y reconfig?
that's probably it....
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Actually, I think they reduced the seat pitch.

Numbering remains the same.

Or they increased the J-class seat pitch somehow, but now there are less seats in J on most flights.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
they changed config on 3-4 aircraft mainly those flying MAA-KUL-MAA, MAA-SIN-MAA, DEL-SIN-DEL and a few other routes and consequent intra metro acft positioning flights.
Now 4 X 4 rows of CP and rest EYcl instead of previous 6 rows with 24 seat config - I know VT-JGS is one for sure - I am guessing GW, GP and GT are among the others as I've seen them at MAA.
these are the 73H acft (800 with winglet), that have the IFE AVOD on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.