Wiki Posts
Search

Kingfisher Red Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Kingfisher Red Service

Do Kingfisher Red still serve complimentary food and drinks?
I have to book three sectors for next month and it's either Jet Lite or Kingfisher Red (MAA-IXZ-MAA-BOM). (Have looked on the Kingfisher website but can no longer find the pages describing domestic service).

Also, I have a 6 1/2 hour layover in MAA on the way back and wanted to know if there is a close decent hotel to get to with a nice lobby bar for a cooling drink rather than sweating it out in the terminal.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: 9w PLT
Originally Posted by Gumbieben
Also, I have a 6 1/2 hour layover in MAA on the way back and wanted to know if there is a close decent hotel to get to with a nice lobby bar for a cooling drink rather than sweating it out in the terminal.
There's Le Meridien (15-20 min) and Radisson (10-15 min) drive from the airport. You could also try Zara's - decent bar at the airport which is at the Intl Dep end.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
they still serve food on kingfisher red....
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Lots to do in 6.5 hrs in MAA, including a mini-do - we MAA folks seem to be adept at it !
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Lots to do in 6.5 hrs in MAA, including a mini-do - we MAA folks seem to be adept at it !
i think maa is becoming a hub for ft mini-dos....
Old Aug 2, 2010, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Originally Posted by saad
i think maa is becoming a hub for ft mini-dos....
LOL.. I think during the transit i'll just want to chill closer to the airport... it's going to be a very tiring day and i'll be spending some time in Chennai earlier in the trip.

Two quick other questions.

I'm flying IXZ-MAA-BOM on one ticket... I presume Kingfisher Red will through check my bags?
Will they give me the onward boarding pass in IXZ for MAABOM?

If my bags are through checked and i've already got my boarding pass I might use the 6 1/2hr transit to do something more productive.

Very excited about The Andamans, Pondicherry and Mumbai!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
MAA is a small enough city that there's less than 20..25 minutes between the airport and some quite nice areas.

Near the airport there's only the radisson / le meridien / trident (former hilton) for you to rest up in.

LOL.. I think during the transit i'll just want to chill closer to the airport... it's going to be a very tiring day and i'll be spending some time in Chennai earlier in the trip.

Two quick other questions.

I'm flying IXZ-MAA-BOM on one ticket... I presume Kingfisher Red will through check my bags?
Will they give me the onward boarding pass in IXZ for MAABOM?

If my bags are through checked and i've already got my boarding pass I might use the 6 1/2hr transit to do something more productive.

Very excited about The Andamans, Pondicherry and Mumbai!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.