Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indigo airline sucks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:02 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by oliver2002

TA to request a competitive private pricing from LH.
Good to know..^
I guess this would also be applicable for Eco class fares or is it only for Business and First ?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Good to know..^
I guess this would also be applicable for Eco class fares or is it only for Business and First ?
fares across all classes....
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
If you have a good relations with a competent TA, through work or personal links or just good luck, by all means use them, especially for complex itineraries.

However, with commission eliminated or reduced, there is little incentive for competent people to enter the field. I always check several sources and it is increasingly rare to find a TA who know more than I do---even if he was inclined to spend time on my requirements, which too is rare.

Still, my main reason for not using TA's has to do with airlines, not TA's. Many airlines routinely tend to blame any real or imaginary mistakes on the TA and tell you to talk to him. When you buy from the airline, any mistake is theirs, they are responsible, and have nowhere to point fingers.

It is rarely the case that I can't a fare and a TA can. Still I always check but unless the savings are substantial, I buy from the carrier.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by aktchi
rare to find a TA who know more than I do---even if he was inclined to spend time on my requirements, which too is rare.
It is rarely the case that I can't a fare and a TA can. Still I always check but unless the savings are substantial, I buy from the carrier.
Thanks to FT and all the abundant info available online, its really tough to find a TA knowing more than us ..
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Thanks to FT and all the abundant info available online, its really tough to find a TA knowing more than us ..
very true....but i still use my ta for my bookings....most of the time i'm telling them what to do but i guess i'm now just used to the convenience of them doing everything for me....
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by saad
very true....but i still use my ta for my bookings....most of the time i'm telling them what to do but i guess i'm now just used to the convenience of them doing everything for me....
Agree with u.. but in ur case u hv a good TA.. We r forced to use it because of corp policies and its a monopoly for them so they don't care a lot..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.