Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Vouchers, Interesting incident!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

Was booked on a domestic flight with a colleague. I had used my vouchers to upgrade him and myself.

My ticket was booked 7 days before the flight in K, his was booked one day before the flight in L.

Both the tickets were wait listed. Mine was done 7days before and his one day before. Guess which one cleared first??

On the morning of the flight my colleagues ticket cleared and mine was still wait-listed. I got a seat at check in but was surprised to see this. Being a Gold JP member + I was ahead of him in the wait-list should have meant that I got the seat. He has no status on JP whatsoever.

Was this a technical hitch or are they now confirming tickets according to class booked?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i would think its a technical glitch....

a couple of months ago my wife & i were waitlisted on a del-bom flight....i booked her ticket first & then mine a couple of days later....don't remember which class they were in....when we got to the airport her ticket cleared (silver status) & mine did not (plat status)....
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saad
i would think its a technical glitch....

a couple of months ago my wife & i were waitlisted on a del-bom flight....i booked her ticket first & then mine a couple of days later....don't remember which class they were in....when we got to the airport her ticket cleared (silver status) & mine did not (plat status)....
I hope its a technical glitch as else it would be a bad move to upgrade before status or time frame booked.

Talking about glitches I had a award wait-listed as the flight was not showing any award seats, a few days ago the flight opened up and Premiere became available. My wait-listed award did not auto confirm, rather I had to call them and point out they were offering seats online so why hadn't mine been confirmed.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lallyr
I hope its a technical glitch as else it would be a bad move to upgrade before status or time frame booked.

Talking about glitches I had a award wait-listed as the flight was not showing any award seats, a few days ago the flight opened up and Premiere became available. My wait-listed award did not auto confirm, rather I had to call them and point out they were offering seats online so why hadn't mine been confirmed.
its frustrating when things like this happen....your wait list should have been confirmed automatically....
Old Jun 18, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Most likely a technical glitch. I had a case that worked in my favour though...checked in at MAA for a through flight via BOM to LHR, and after revalidating the BP at BOM, my name didn't appear on the pax list at the gate...they eventually upgraded me to premiere.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
actually mate - this might not be technical if you are talking of the upgrade only...atleast in US - what i have seen when requesting companion upgrades is that the first available goes to the companion and then you (the elite) get it...reason being....even if it doesnt clear till gate time - you the elite have higher chance of getting the remaining upgrade than your (non-elite) companion...i know it has its down-sides...but i've actually found this to work pretty well for me...esp when travelling ORD-LHR....
Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SPG Ambassador
Having lived and worked in India for more than 2 years, I'd bet all of my 9W and IT miles on the fact that this was due to a member of airline staff not having clue what they're doing. It's wrong to assume that logic has been applied.

Off-topic, but: I flew 9W DEL-BOM this morning... the driver of the Bus from departures gate to the aircraft didn't have a clue where he was going [and I doubt he knew what he was doing or even who he was]. I was standing at the front of the bus, and whilst he was driving on the apron, he turned around and asked me which flight he was supposed to be driving to. I looked around, and saw at least three Jet aircraft, and replied that I didn't know either. Eventually he drove over to a member of ground staff, and they managed to work it out between them.

TII.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dogtanian
Off-topic, but: I flew 9W DEL-BOM this morning... the driver of the Bus from departures gate to the aircraft didn't have a clue where he was going [and I doubt he knew what he was doing or even who he was]. I was standing at the front of the bus, and whilst he was driving on the apron, he turned around and asked me which flight he was supposed to be driving to. I looked around, and saw at least three Jet aircraft, and replied that I didn't know either. Eventually he drove over to a member of ground staff, and they managed to work it out between them.

TII.
hilarious....
Old Aug 15, 2010, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dogtanian
Having lived and worked in India for more than 2 years, I'd bet all of my 9W and IT miles on the fact that this was due to a member of airline staff not having clue what they're doing. It's wrong to assume that logic has been applied.
I would have thought that wait listed upgrades was a automated process?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.