Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Anyone have luck with Air India Flying Returns

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:24 am
Original Poster

I used AI's US website to sign for their FF program (don't ask why). I got an e-mail with FF# and my chosen password. When I access the site, it does not allow me to login -- I have called several times and also sent e-mails to the address posted on the website -- no luck so far.

Bad judgment call when I decided to travel J class AI EWR-BOM

Should have paid $1,000 more and flown UC on VA. Would have received 35K miles for the flight to BOM not to mention great service at the Lounge in London and EWR.

Pennywise Pound Foolish
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:02 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Last flew AI back in 2002...I had problems logging on to my Flying returns account then as well. Only 2 out of 6 J segments posted, never got a reply to my emails. Threw my Flying Returns card into the rubbish...
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:54 am

Arrow Air India -Flying or dying returns?

I have endless problems with the air india frequent flyer customer service - very poor response to my requests to update my mileage points (they need to be reminded several times). Most suspicious is that my mileage points tend to 'disappear' very often. I have to then send reminders after reminders to re-credit the 'disappeared' points. They keep claiming this is computer error.... hmm .... I wonder if several computer 'errors' actually end up with the 'disappeared' points creeping into another customers account..... hmmm, after all, India is a country where each and every civil servant is for sale to the highest bidder.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 3:42 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Wrong forum

This should have been posted/moved here:

Airlines of India
Old Aug 13, 2010, 4:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

Since we now have an Airlines of India forum, I'll move this thread along there.

SanDiego1K
Senior Mod
Old Aug 13, 2010, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by RoRan
I used AI's US website to sign for their FF program (don't ask why). I got an e-mail with FF# and my chosen password. When I access the site, it does not allow me to login -- I have called several times and also sent e-mails to the address posted on the website -- no luck so far.

Bad judgment call when I decided to travel J class AI EWR-BOM

Should have paid $1,000 more and flown UC on VA. Would have received 35K miles for the flight to BOM not to mention great service at the Lounge in London and EWR.

Pennywise Pound Foolish
I applied for Flying Returns and had a reasonably good experience with them. I applied for the missing miles online, and I got an email from a rep asking me to scan and send the boarding passes (or alternatively fax them). I didn't bother sending it to the person until a month and half later, whereupon the miles were credited to my account within 48 hours, albeit in a rather bizzare manner - instead of getting double miles for a North America - Europe legin J, I got Y miles for the North America - Europe - India route that the flight operates. The difference in miles was +1, i think.

That said, the North America reservation center is notoriously bad - when they do bother to answer the phone. If you want, I can PM you the AI Flying Return reps email address.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by yulred
I applied for Flying Returns and had a reasonably good experience with them. I applied for the missing miles online, and I got an email from a rep asking me to scan and send the boarding passes (or alternatively fax them). I didn't bother sending it to the person until a month and half later, whereupon the miles were credited to my account within 48 hours, albeit in a rather bizzare manner - instead of getting double miles for a North America - Europe legin J, I got Y miles for the North America - Europe - India route that the flight operates. The difference in miles was +1, i think.

That said, the North America reservation center is notoriously bad - when they do bother to answer the phone. If you want, I can PM you the AI Flying Return reps email address.
Agreed that North American center is awful. On the other hand, the Indian service center for AI is pretty good. They quickly credit the miles when the missing mileage is pointed out (and you send them the scanned BP's).
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:13 pm

BTW, I have a related question:
I noticed that AI has some "premier clubs" (golden edge, etc). Are the memberships to these clubs given based on amount of flying?

In a sense, I guess what I am asking is if there are various elite levels for Flying Returns?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by snod08
BTW, I have a related question:
I noticed that AI has some "premier clubs" (golden edge, etc). Are the memberships to these clubs given based on amount of flying?

In a sense, I guess what I am asking is if there are various elite levels for Flying Returns?
they have some weird criteria for elite membership....i end up taking about 30 flights with them every year & 90% of those are in business....last year they upgraded me to the maharajah club....i don't know if they have a published criteria for how many miles or flights you need to have in a year....
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Jacinto Agnelo Godinho
India is a country where each and every civil servant is for sale to the highest bidder.
Wht does this mean ?? Is this relevant here ?? Dont get us starting a discussion on this here..
I dont recall.. but which continent did most of the major frauds,financial fraud's 2008( CDO's, sub prime) blah blah occur ..
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:55 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Wht does this mean ?? Is this relevant here ?? Dont get us starting a discussion on this here..
I dont recall.. but which continent did most of the major frauds,financial fraud's 2008( CDO's, sub prime) blah blah occur ..
^^^
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by saad
they have some weird criteria for elite membership....i end up taking about 30 flights with them every year & 90% of those are in business....last year they upgraded me to the maharajah club....i don't know if they have a published criteria for how many miles or flights you need to have in a year....
Thanks Saad. I searched through the flying returns website, but could not find any published criteria for the various "clubs" they have.

Hopefully when they join star, they will publish the criteria. I would really like to qualify with AI.
Although, their earning rates are very stingy for cheaper economy fares.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by snod08
Although, their earning rates are very stingy for cheaper economy fares.
Really? For the longest time, I've been under the impression that their earn to burn rates are possibly the best, amongst Indian carriers. But then, what you say is true for the other airlines, so why should it be any different with AI, when it comes to lower fare buckets...
Old Aug 14, 2010, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Really? For the longest time, I've been under the impression that their earn to burn rates are possibly the best, amongst Indian carriers. But then, what you say is true for the other airlines, so why should it be any different with AI, when it comes to lower fare buckets...
Hi Aniruddh77, I did not look at earn/burn rates. However, for example, look at the AI earning charts below for various fares in Economy.....compare this to CO for example (which is the airline I currently fly a lot).....CO gives 100% mileage for all economy fares (especially since joining Star).

However, I understand this is a not a good comparison. Since AI is based in India, and CO in the US. I should really compare AI with IT or 9W and see what are the differences.

But, the better news on AI's front is that they give 200% for J and 250% for F class travel. Which is not true with CO.......so there is always some difference.

AI earning for Economy:
Economy Class Y, B, M 125%
H, K,Q, V, W, G 100%
L 50 %
X* 100% or 50%
U*, T*, S*, E* 50% or 25%

Overall, I think first of all, I need to fly AI a little more and accumulate some more miles. Then see how easy it is to burn the miles. I have only flown like 20K miles in this past year.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
and they want to join *?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.